1995 lebaron convertable

Come here to help us help you in keeping that car alive. This ongoing project repair site is due in part to the work of Justin Paulson and many others on this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

1995 lebaron convertable

Postby liquidplasma » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:39 pm

I just now own a Lebaron 1995, and have the weirdest problem.Sometimes i'll loose the radio,rpm gauge and power mirrors???? Then when I cycle the key back and forth tada the radio works and mirrors, occasionally the rpm gauge but it usually just doesn't work.Is there some sort of ignition control module on the blink? Or is it a hidden relay not related to the ignition switch area that is just a coincidence it randomly works when cycling the key?It's the 12 volt battery that cuts out randomly to the radio, the acc red power always comes on when the key is on.
liquidplasma

Car Information: 1995 LeBaron

Re: 1995 lebaron convertable

Postby MyDodgeDip » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:54 am

95 Lebarons are J bodies, asking on the EEK! Forum at Allpar.com will most likely yield better answers from people with more experience in the newer cars. I've seen ignition switches go bad on those that make some accessories cut in and out.
MyDodgeDip

Re: 1995 lebaron convertable

Postby Mateao727 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:37 am

i put an aftermarket ignition lock cylinder in my 89 Aries k and experience the same problem time to time.

i believe it is a problem in the cylinder not starting your accessories upon startup of the vehicle.

fuses and relays that are out stay out, basically cant and wont work till there replaced.
Mateao727

Car Information: 1989 Dodge aries k 2.2

Return to Lets fix/restore/maintain your Classic K-Car