Part # for rear window gear tape

Come here to help us help you in keeping that car alive. This ongoing project repair site is due in part to the work of Justin Paulson and many others on this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Part # for rear window gear tape

Postby mona's k » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Helping a guy fix his '86 Lebaron convertible. His driver side rear quarter window will not go up/down. The motor runs and the window will jump a little. Doing a search It looks like some sort of "gear tape" was used. I tried to find the part number for the tape in the parts catalog but that number seems to be for the whole assembly, does anybody know the part number for just the gear tape?
mona's k

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler LeBaron convertible

Re: Part # for rear window gear tape

Postby marty mopar » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:26 pm

I have these in stock 30.00
marty mopar
Car Fan

Car Information: 1992 Daytona IROC R/T

Postby wienker » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:18 am

Hi !
This sounds a little like the problem I had with my '86 Dodge 600 convertible when I first bought it. The driver's side quarter window was not working and the previous owner had just wedged it in the up position. (This looks sorta dumb when you're riding around with a convertible.)
See my post "Flex-Drive Regulator Assembly" in the Club Wishlist forum. The part I think you are looking for is called the "Flexrack", a flexible nylon-like belt, toothed on one side. It is part number 89-6656 from CPI Divisions (Clean Plus Inc.) on-line.
Also, I had purchased an original 1986 Chrysler service manual, without which I doubt I could have figured out how to do the job, or even what I was looking for. You will have to remove the back seat and most of the rear interior to get to the window regulator assembly. See my post "Original Service Manuals at books4cars.com" in the Parts/Repair forum.
Hope this will help. Good luck!
wienker

Car Information: 1986 Dodge 600 Convertible

Postby mona's k » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:44 pm

I sent the guy to a local parts store where they take the time to look something up instead of saying "not available" if it doesn't show up on their computer screen. The replacement tape was available and he got it installed. I think the brand name was Dorman (sp)
mona's k

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler LeBaron convertible

Return to Lets fix/restore/maintain your Classic K-Car