Tuff to Start Cordoba

Come here to help us help you in keeping that car alive. This ongoing project repair site is due in part to the work of Justin Paulson and many others on this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Tuff to Start Cordoba

Postby Brenda65 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:09 pm

I have been on here in the past with starting issues. I have a 1979 Chrysler Cordoba (slant 6 ) that gets very tricky to get started in the colder months (combination of cranking too long not wearing out my battery- which was replaced in September with tune up knowing how cold weather treats me). So, I have a strong battery in it, which I even keep on a charger at times. I have read where the slant 6 can be very tempermental at times, mine falls in this category for sure!

My car has always been tuff and tempermental to start (even was that way for my great aunt- she gave me the car). I don’t have much money to throw at trying to trouble shoot and guess at this car. I normally have to really pump on the gas while cranking it to get it to turn over and catch for me. At times, im under the hood with starting fluid as well. Does anyone have other suggestions to help make my cold starts a little easier on me?

Thanks

Brenda
Brenda65

Car Information: 1979 Chrysler Cordoba

Re: Tuff to Start Cordoba

Postby aussiewoody » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:32 am

Just a suggestion.
As this site is primarily meant for k cars, can I suggest that you try one of the forums for your Cordoba. I am a member on the A body forum FABO. There are lots of slant owners on there. Also slant6 org is just for slantys.
Not suggesting that you will not get help from here, but I am sure that those other sites will be more likely to help.

My 2 cents worth is, it sounds like the carb isn't holding fuel for your cold starts or perhaps your choke isn't working.
The blokes at those sites I listed above will talk you thru simple troubleshooting steps, they are very helpful.

If you want links I can post them or just PM me.
Regards
Gary
aussiewoody

Car Information: '84 LeBaron T&C 'vert, '85 Dodge 600 'vert

Postby Brenda65 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Thanks so much sweetie. See ya at those forums!
Brenda65

Car Information: 1979 Chrysler Cordoba

Postby aussiewoody » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:53 pm

Great, don't forget to get back to us and let us know when it's fixed!
Good luck!
aussiewoody

Car Information: '84 LeBaron T&C 'vert, '85 Dodge 600 'vert

Return to Lets fix/restore/maintain your Classic K-Car