Plymouth Reliant 2.2L and 2.6L - different radiators?

Come here to help us help you in keeping that car alive. This ongoing project repair site is due in part to the work of Justin Paulson and many others on this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Plymouth Reliant 2.2L and 2.6L - different radiators?

Postby R5142 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:21 pm

Hi!

I have a 1987 Plymouth Reliant with the 2.2L engine.

I need to replace the radiator and was wondering if the radiator used with the 2.6L engine would fit in my car or not.

When searching for parts, sellers always seem to list different radiators for each engine type. I assume the car body is the same so where does the difference lie?

All help appreciated :-)
R5142

Car Information: 1987 Plymouth Reliant 2.2L sedan

Re: Plymouth Reliant 2.2L and 2.6L - different radiators?

Postby Roth » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:12 pm

I don't have an answer for your question. i put in a thicker radiator in my 86 plymouth kcar i believe its out of a lebaron from a junkyard the radiator looked brand new with brass fittings.

Only thing is the hose on the right is differnt size where the clamp is put.
Roth

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant Sedan

Re: Plymouth Reliant 2.2L and 2.6L - different radiators?

Postby surgeman » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:54 am

R5142 wrote:Hi!

I have a 1987 Plymouth Reliant with the 2.2L engine.

I need to replace the radiator and was wondering if the radiator used with the 2.6L engine would fit in my car or not.

When searching for parts, sellers always seem to list different radiators for each engine type. I assume the car body is the same so where does the difference lie?

All help appreciated :-)

Yes it will work...The only differences I have seen in any of them from 86 and back radiators don't have the connection for the heater house..If you need to use an older one...You can place a T connector in your lower radiator hose and connect the heater core hose on the side of the T...These can be found at any local parts store...
surgeman

Car Information: 1985 Dodge 600,1985 Chrysler Lebaron Both Vertible

Return to Lets fix/restore/maintain your Classic K-Car