So many minor issues, don't know where to start.

Come here to help us help you in keeping that car alive. This ongoing project repair site is due in part to the work of Justin Paulson and many others on this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

So many minor issues, don't know where to start.

Postby DennisLoomis65 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:22 am

Ok. My 84 Aries 2.2 4 door sedan was a hand me down from the second owner who purchased it slightly used in 87. Usually "gramma" cars are well taken care of, but this one sat outside under a tree for 5 years, and was sadly neglected.

The list: reverse light doesn't come on except precariously perched directly between reverse and neutral; rear passenger side blinker only works periodically (usually after hitting every 17th pothole); idles low and rough (idle bolt adjustment works for a few days); drives rough, seems to be misfiring but plugs/wires/cap/rotor are new; dashboard is loose where someone apparently tried fixing the dash lights, that still sometimes don't come on; carburetor should probably be rebuilt or replaced; exhaust system needs repaired or replaced; trunk leaks, windshield leaks, upholstery stained and worn, blinker stem doesn't stay "clicked" turning left... I think that's it.

To make matters worse, I am not mechanically savvy, and not financially well to do. Where's a good place to start?
(I almost traded her in for a newer model, but she's worth it)
DennisLoomis65

Car Information: 1984 Dodge Aries 4 door Sedan, 2.2

Return to Lets fix/restore/maintain your Classic K-Car