Power window fuse?

Come here to help us help you in keeping that car alive. This ongoing project repair site is due in part to the work of Justin Paulson and many others on this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Power window fuse?

Postby YourDoorIsAjar87 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:21 am

Howdy,

I couldn't resist the urge to pick up the 87 New Yorker because of the irresistible urge to have the kids say "No the door is a door". So far a few problems and I was wondering what the "experts" think:

1. Digital speedo always shows 0 mph and transmission shifts rough, wondering if the trans needs speedo input to shift smoother
2. Power window fuse is bad, can I just get a new fuse at the parts store? Can't really tell if its an ordinary fuse.
3. AC still blows somewhat cold (sticker says it was converted to R-134 but can't see the date) but only blows from the floor vents
4. Can't get EVA to say "door is ajar" but I can get him to say don't forget your keys and your headlights are on so I assume EVA is ok and the speed input has to be > 0
5. Radio can't tune in any stations but turns on and antenna functions, I'd like to give it to my radio repair guy and have a bluetooth receiver hard wired into the tuner but I'm concerned I'll mute EVA, anyone have experience with hardwiring bluetooth into the radio without harming EVA?

This should be fun, I tried to upload pics but the server says "the board attachment quota has been reached" I'm in San Diego, CA by the way.

Steven
YourDoorIsAjar87

Car Information: 87 New Yorker

Re: Power window fuse?

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:30 am

Welcome to the club. I will forward your questions to my friend and tech savvy Wally Breer. Did you get my other messages on facebook? Maybe we could meet on
a Sunday night in San Diego. 8-)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Lets fix/restore/maintain your Classic K-Car