1986 Dodge 600 convertible turn signal switch?

Come here to help us help you in keeping that car alive. This ongoing project repair site is due in part to the work of Justin Paulson and many others on this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

1986 Dodge 600 convertible turn signal switch?

Postby mackeil » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:51 pm

Hello, I have a 1986 Dodge 600 convertible that I cherish but I have run into a road block in regards to a specific repair and I am hoping your group could help me...My column mounted turn signal switch will not cancel automatically when turning right (turning left works fine)...I have noticed one of the plastic fingers is broken on the original switch which is probably the reason switch is faulty...The OEM part number is 4221608...Any attempts to find an exact switch replacement have turned up dead including the Chrysler dealer...It has been suggested that I might be able to repair the original switch with a repair kit...Would you be able to help me please?
Kind regards,
Stacey Mackeil
Vancouver Island, Canada
mackeil

Car Information: 1986 Dodge 600 convertible

Re: 1986 Dodge 600 convertible turn signal switch?

Postby Kwagon2 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:45 pm

Hi
First off the part number that you provide for the switch assembly is incorrect , 4221608 is a head light switch bezel for a
Chrysler Fifth avenue. You also did not specify if you have the tilt steering column or not as that makes a big difference.
I could be assuming a few things here but I think you transposed a few numbers for the part number you provided as an actual switch part number is 4221680. Now you have a number of options as the switch assembly changes according to how your 600 is equipped as follows:
1) 4221680 switch without cornering lamps and without Tilt steering
2) 4221681 switch with cornering lamps and without Tilt steering
3) 4221304 switch without cornering lamps but with Tilt steering
4) 4221305 switch with cornering lamps and with Tilt steering
The cornering lamps are located on the lower front fender ahead of the wheel and light up during the appropriate turns.These were an option on some models.
Arizona parts has NOS switches but only 4221304 and 4221681. http://arizonaparts.com/quicksearchList.asp
If you have a non-tilt column and no cornering lights you may be able to use 4221681 you'll just have to modify the turn signal connector wiring in order to disable the cornering light feature.
You mentioned a kit , there is only one cancelling cam repair kit out there and it may work for the non-tilt switch only http://www.dormanproducts.com/itemdetai ... Name=49301
The Tilt column switches are completely different from the non-tilt switches and as far as I know no new ones are available anywhere but I'm still looking as I have a few cars with the Tilt column......hope this helps ...
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Car Information: '82 Aries Wagon,'85 Reliant SE,'82 Reliant Wagon

Return to Lets fix/restore/maintain your Classic K-Car