11 Voice EVA

Come here to help us help you in keeping that car alive. This ongoing project repair site is due in part to the work of Justin Paulson and many others on this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

11 Voice EVA

Postby 84NewYorker » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:04 pm

Hello all,
My EVA system has been working perfectly since I bought my Nee Yorker, and I can’t conplain. But last week my chimes and voices stopped, it has been sitting in the heat for 7 hours a day, but I didn’t think that would take its toll, so I pull the teal blue box out from behind the glovebox and start soldering cold solder joints and joints with almost no solder on them at all, fast forward an hour, I’ve resoldered the entire board, and it’s in the car again, I put the key in the ignition and open my door for the confirmation of chimes, but to no avail. I noticed that there are connectors for four dash speakers, two on the passenger side, two on the drivers side the two on the passenger side aren’t connected and have no speakers behind the mesh in the vinyl dash, and there’s only one speaker on the drivers side, the EVA system still pauses my radio where it should beep and talk, is it possible I just blew out the front speaker? Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks
Cheers,
Andrew

1984 New Yorker
1986 Plymouth Reliant
84NewYorker

Car Information: 1984 New Yorker 2.6l

Re: 11 Voice EVA

Postby Kwagon2 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:37 am

Hi
The speakers are fairly durable but it wouldn't hurt to check it. IF you have the service manual I would follow through with a full function check of the EVA. One bad switch or a bad bit of wiring (ground) can block the logic and prevent a "reset" of the message function.
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Car Information: '82 Aries Wagon,'85 Reliant SE,'82 Reliant Wagon

Re: 11 Voice EVA

Postby 84NewYorker » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:49 pm

yeah figured it out, I was being a sh*t head with a couple of friends and blew the paper speakers up front.
Cheers,
Andrew

1984 New Yorker
1986 Plymouth Reliant
84NewYorker

Car Information: 1984 New Yorker 2.6l

Return to Lets fix/restore/maintain your Classic K-Car