New member, old owner

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

New member, old owner

Postby tomlct » Sun May 08, 2011 3:20 pm

Hello,just found this site last night, linked from allpar.com. Yesterday, I drove my '88 Aries wagon (original owner) the 4 1/2 miles it need to turn 100,000, so now it has around 6 miles showing.
Rebuilt A/T a few years ago, replaced radiator a few years ago, brakes, struts replaced over the years, I replaced the TBI & EGR valve (cheap & easy to do) a few years ago, timing belt around 60K miles, 3rd starter, otherwise, pretty original & runs OK. Knocking noise when it's cold (maybe stuck lifter/follower in the overhead cam assembly), otherwise not so bad.
Had a nasty vacuum leak for a long time, until I discovered that when the dealer installed cruise control, back when the car was new, they left an open vacuum hose around the power brake booster area. I am on the 3rd add-on cruise control, and it still works.

Last year, it was stalling out, turned out to be the pick-up assembly at the base of the distributor, and I replaced the coil at the same time, and also the radio interference suppressor that attaches to the coil. The dealer found 1 of these in the parts channel at a dealer in ID, collecting dust on their shelf. I am in CT.

Anyway, looks interesting. The only thing I really need now, looking fo, is a passenger-side outside door mirror, black, manual inside adjust, not heated. Does anyone know where I could find one?
tomlct

Car Information: 1988 Dodge Aries wagon - original owner!

Re: New member, old owner

Postby 89ARIES » Sun May 08, 2011 6:54 pm

Hello Tom. Welcome to the club. You could try pic-a-part or:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-81-8 ... ccessories

http://www.arizonaparts.com/

They are not too hard to find. Good luck.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby nszotovich » Sun May 08, 2011 8:03 pm

Welcome to our world!
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby tomlct » Mon May 09, 2011 12:31 am

Thanks for the Arizonaparts link, I will check. I have checked Ebay a few times, and one time, thought I was lucky, but when it arrived, it was different. When they get old, it's a little harder to find these things - oh well.
tomlct

Car Information: 1988 Dodge Aries wagon - original owner!

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Mon May 09, 2011 2:38 pm

The passenger side is harder to find than the driver's side. If Arizona parts doesn't have it, try a junkyard search engine such as this one.

http://www.mypartshop.com/
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby markcross » Tue May 31, 2011 2:43 am

I have access to one i'm not sure of the color and it's from an 85. Let me know and i'll look into it for you.
markcross

Car Information: Chrysler LeBaron 1983 Convertible

Postby MyDodgeDip » Tue May 31, 2011 11:59 am

welcome! Where are you located?
MyDodgeDip

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.