1982 dodge 400 Convertible

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

1982 dodge 400 Convertible

Postby yesdear » Sat May 28, 2011 12:00 pm

H my husband is the original owner of a 1982 Dodge 400 Convertible. It is white with red interior. It has been garaged since he bought it.So he is trying to get it running right(will that ever happen??)The last few years we have tried many things and are hoping someone here can tell us what can be done to fix the problem.
Replaced engine,Carburetor, fuel pump.Car still has no power and does not shift unless you remove foot from gas pedal.
This car is in great shape new top no rips in the interior, we even have a new rug to go in it. We just can not get it to run right.
Would love to find another person in this world that says save it! All mechanics around here say "they where junk from the day they were made junk it, its not worth fixing" . This is my husbands prize possession and he really wants to get it running. Does anyone have any advise or know of a mechanic that can help? Thank, hoping to learn much more and maybe meet some other K-Club members.
yesdear

Car Information: 1982 Dodge 400 convertible

Re: 1982 dodge 400 Convertible

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Mon May 30, 2011 8:59 pm

Welcome to you both!
I read on another of your post the trouble you have been having with your car.

After taking mine in to the "Chrysler" dealership 3 times, and to 4 "different mechanics" after that trying to get mine running right, I happened onto a Chrysler mechanic that had retired, and now has his own shop. Needless to say after speeding hundreds and hundreds of dollars on replacing part after part after part, he got my Lebaron running good ......finally!!!!!

And only charged me $45 to do it.

Seems none of the prior mechanics who worked on it, knew how to set the timing properly! After he set the timing correctly, it ran good. And still does.
All I have left is to replace one more sensor that the guys here told me what it was called, and I hope to be driving it for a long while.

Don't give up, although you may feel like it, trust me I have been there over the past 3 years, but I finally found someone that knows the particulars about these engines.

Good Luck!!
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Re: 1982 dodge 400 Convertible

Postby 89ARIES » Mon May 30, 2011 11:40 pm

I know whats its like. My car died 12 times at any speed without any warning, always to be restarted since January. Then, mysteriously for
the last 2,000 miles, it stopped doing the quitting thing. So, I guess the car kinda fixed itself, lol. :mrgreen: So, I seriously drive my car.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.