Newbie seeks info.

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

Newbie seeks info.

Postby Heyroy » Tue May 31, 2011 7:02 pm

Hello all,

I have a common story, my dad passed away recently and I'm now in posession of his 1982 LeBaron Mark Cross convertible. On top of that, it is one of the first 500 that were custom made prior to production models. Cosmetically, it is a solid 30-footer but it has mechanical issues that are normal for a 105,000 mile car. It runs and drives OK and everything works including the top. Also, a friend gave me a NOS carburetor that was for a different car with a 2.6 Mitsubishi engine but I haven't checked to see if it fits yet.
I'm not in a position financially to give it the attention it needs and I don't have the space to keep it so I'm planning on selling it. There's not much info on the web as to value.
Any knowledge about this will be greatly appreciated and I can send photos if anyone wants some.

Thanks!
Heyroy

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler LeBaron Mark Cross Convertible

Re: Newbie seeks info.

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Prices vary widely depending mostly on condition. It typically costs a lot more to try to restore a poor quality one than to buy a very good quality one. Search on ebay, Hemmings and Craigslist to see what people are asking to ones comparible to your vehicle. If it has the 2.6 liter Mitsubishi engine (which most 82 Lebaron's have) it is less desirable to some people who prefer the 2.2 American engine. The early convertibles might be more desireable to some people from a collector standpoint, but the tops tend to leak.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Here are some links to a few currently for sale. Remember asking price is not necessarily sale price.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/car ... 35981.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/82-Chrys ... 25643077a2
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Postby Heyroy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:58 am

Thanks for the information. It is pretty much as I figured from what research I had done.
I understand the preference for the 2.2 motor. Mitsubishi had some crazy engineering back then.

I guess I"ll get a gallon of Armor-all and go to work.

Thanks again!
Heyroy

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler LeBaron Mark Cross Convertible

Postby 88 aries » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:38 am

who removed my posting about the 2.6 engine? im guessing it was guy? but honestly the 2.6 is a japanise Pile of crap
88 aries

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:39 pm

88 aries wrote:who removed my posting about the 2.6 engine? im guessing it was guy? but honestly the 2.6 is a japanise Pile of crap

It wasn't removed this time. Its posted under the "Suggestions and Comments" section. See link
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4920&p=18336#p18336.

Someone has installed a strange message in the "Introduce yourself and the car" sub-forum which appears highlighted in red at the top and says:

"Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project. "

This appears to be creating confusion resulting in multiple posts.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.