Another Newbie 86' Plymouth Reliant LE 2.2L FI

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

Another Newbie 86' Plymouth Reliant LE 2.2L FI

Postby mgs » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:16 pm

Hi All,
I have had my Classic K-Car for 4yrs now Plymouth Reliant LE 2.2L (Fuel Injected). I am the second owner (bought w 33000km on the odometer) and have done my best to keep it up to the highest level possible. It was a daily driver for me, but now I have it as a hobby car.

Features include: Alarm, Power door locks, remote start, JVC DVD w Bluetooth, replaced factory speakers(50w all around), 8" bazooka tube subwoofer 50w, 35%tinted windows all around, Dodge Neon Chrome 15" wheels for the summer plus a set of 15" Dodge Neon wheels painted black w winter tires for winter.

I love this car, but....

Unfortunately like another K-Car club member "Heyroy",... "I'm not in a position financially to give it the attention it needs and I don't have the space to keep it so I'm planning on selling it. There's not much info on the web as to value."

I tried posting pics on this site, but the files are too large, so I set up a page on Cardomain, here is the link http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3926320/1 ... ant/page-1

Thanks for looking, hope you guys like it, let me know what you think.
mgs

Car Information: 1986 plymouth reliant LE

Re: Another Newbie 86' Plymouth Reliant LE 2.2L FI

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:27 am

Hello mgs. Welcome to the club. Some advice for ya, if you can, don't sell it, it could only appreciate in value and is a good daily driver. That is a fantastic K. Yes, the valuation is difficult, but there is
NADA and the collector's car guy is now putting the 86 Reliant 4dr Sedan in perfect condition at a high valuation of $2500. Convertibles are pushing $5000. Yes, you have a beautiful classic of the 80s. 8-)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby mgs » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:03 pm

Sweet, thanks for the reply, yeah I really like it, but im not sure I can keep it. So far I have listed it at $4500.00 (optimistic) and some guy sent me a e-mail pretty much laughing at me. Since then, I dropped it to $3500. (prob a better price point) so we'll see. In any case, thanks for your comments, and its really nice to be part of a supportive community who appreciates these cars. Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Right now i'm in the process of looking for classic car insurance in Ontario, Canada. I had one company in mind, but just as I was gonna get it insured, they said they do not insure the K-Car as it has not been recognized as a "collectible" by them. So I sent pictures and am waiting on word from them. In the mean time i guess i'll continue shopping around.
mgs

Car Information: 1986 plymouth reliant LE

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Sharp ride!!
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby nszotovich » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:37 am

Beautiful looking car! I hope you can keep it. The Interior looks perfect!
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.