Old member, but pictures

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

Old member, but pictures

Postby mozartpc27 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:09 pm

I joined awhile ago, but I don't think I ever posted any pictures. I have a 1987 2.5L Chrysler LeBaron sedan. This is the third K car my family has owned. My wife briefly had what I believe was a 1986 Plymouth Reliant, but the car was troubled from the beginning, and we didn't hold it for too long. Before that, I had a 1988 2.2L (I believe) turbo Chrysler LeBaron, idential in outward appearance to the one I have now, but on the inside it had bucket seats and the gearshift was on the floor, and it had a cupholder. Really aggravating sometimes that the one I currently own does not, but I'm still happy overall.

You can see I try to keep it in reasonably nice condition, but as I live in a city (Philadelphia) and have to park it on the street, there is only so much I can do. I'd love to restore it someday to near-mint condition, when I have the money and the time...
mozartpc27

Car Information: 1987 Chrysler LeBaron

Re: Old member, but pictures

Postby nszotovich » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:56 am

A nice car. It looks good in that color. I hope you can bring it up to showroom condition one day. Best of luck.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby MyDodgeDip » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:57 pm

It's the twin to mine, does it have digital dash?
MyDodgeDip

Postby mozartpc27 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:03 pm

It does have a digital dash, just like the previous one I had in the same color (the 1988 2.2L turbo).
mozartpc27

Postby c17hydro » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:37 pm

It looks great!! Only one problem though. Its got an Obama sticker on it. Remove it and the value of the car will skyrocket exponentially.
c17hydro

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant LE Station Wagon

Postby Baron » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:02 am

c17hydro wrote:It looks great!! Only one problem though. Its got an Obama sticker on it. Remove it and the value of the car will skyrocket exponentially.

Yeah, especially since there wouldn't be any Chrysler still in existence.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby thenewportblues » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:48 am

Nice looking sedan! I love that color.
thenewportblues

Car Information: none yet

Postby mozartpc27 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:40 pm

I wish the Obama sticker weren't on there, mostly because I wish it had no bumper stickers at all.

Other than that, I try to keep politics out of my love affair with the K car. ;)

(But the poster who pointed out that Chrysler owes its existence to an Obama bailout makes a fine point).
mozartpc27

Postby mozartpc27 » Sat May 06, 2017 1:30 am

Well, six years on, I've been out of the K car owning club for a while. Some time I believe in early 2012, the fuel pump on it went, and at that time we had just purchased two new cars fairly recently. That fuel pump would have cost $450 to replace - that was the quote I got - and at that moment we just didn't have it for that car. So, I sold it to a junker, for $350 another much, but at the time it was as much about what we didn't spend as what we got for the car; getting rid of it was an $800 swing in our favor and at that time we needed that swing more than a third car. C'est la vie.

Now of course we just acquired a third car from the estate of my Aunt who passed away, and this has given me the bug again. Wish I could have figured a way to hang on to the LeBaron back then, and pretty much want it back now. What to do, what to do.
mozartpc27

Postby Kwagon2 » Mon May 08, 2017 1:49 am

Hi
Did you try going back to the "junker" you sold the car too sometimes this stuff hangs around....I picked up a K wagon that I had been looking at for 18 years in a compound that I used to drive past all the time ...I'm restoring it now.
I scored another K right out of a wrecking yard , I drive it on a regular basis ...nice car....
There are still a few nice K's out there but I wouldn't wait to long they're fading fast.....
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Car Information: '82 Aries Wagon,'85 Reliant SE,'82 Reliant Wagon

Next

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.