Holiday Greetings from a new menber

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

Holiday Greetings from a new menber

Postby Katie » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Hi My name is Katie ..yes I am a female and I am going to become a crazy K car fan I ran into an old friend of mine in October and I have not seen him in 35 yrs come to find out he is the owner ( second owner) of a 1986 Dodge 600 Convertible . He purchased this car from North Carolina 16 yrs ago .He has sold me the car and I am kind of excited as it does have potential to look pretty cute in a K show . It does need the floor pans replaced and a few minor things other than that he has kept up with the maintenance of the car . I however would like to totaly restore its interior or at least clean it up ..Can any one tell me if the interior trim can be painted? I have read in restoration forums that it can . I will post pictures for everyone to see if I can figure out how to upload them ..Anyways nice to meet everyone I look forward to chating and who knows you may hear from me asking questions on how to and where to get parts
Cheers
Katie[/color]
Katie

Car Information: 1986 Dodge 600 Convertible

Re: Holiday Greetings from a new menber

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:01 pm

Welcome to the board Katie!!!

Hope you will enjoy your car!!
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby MyDodgeDip » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:58 am

Welcome! Where are you located?
MyDodgeDip

Postby nszotovich » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:23 am

Welcome to our little world!

As far as painting the interior trim, I gather you are referring to the vinyls and plastics. There are paints formulated for just that purpose, but the surfaces have to be prepared to accept the new color. Let us know more specifically what you are doing, so we can help.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby Pete in NH » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi Katie,

Welcome to the club and congradulations on your 86 Dodge 600 convertable. Yes, interior plastics can be restored. For some information on interior restoration go to allpar.com and click on interactive and then forums. Then click on the repairs tab. Scroll down and you'll find a section on interiors, the first article under interiors may be of help to you in cleaning up your car. Plastic and vynal dyes in spray cans are the easest thing for a home restorer to use. Chysler also provided information in the factory shop manuals on painting plastic interior parts and gives paint codes for those colors. However, this really requires professional painting equipment such as spray guns and todays paint technology is getting a bit too complicated to deal with at home.

Good luck and let us know what your plans for your car are.
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Postby Racer Brown » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:43 pm

Welcome Katie, I'm a new member myself, I had just purcused a 82 LeBaron Convert a couple of months ago, the people here are very helpful!
Racer Brown

Car Information: 82 Chrysler LeBaron Medailion Convert- Mark Cross

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.