Hello! Meet my junkyard renegades!

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

Hello! Meet my junkyard renegades!

Postby Dodge Aries K » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:25 am

Hey, name's Karl. New member here, definitely NOT new to K cars. I've owned a ton of them over the years now... I think about 35 of them (among 150 or so other cars). Most of them were saved from death or resurrected from the grave and I take great pride in trying to keep them out of the salvage yard and on the road. Currently, I have 3 here that were saved from the junkyard and one that was saved from getting trashed being someone's everyday beater. These cars have been a passion of mine since I was a little kid and I can't count the times I've went up to people's houses and offered to buy their "crappy old Chrysler" and drag it out of the mud in the backyard.

This is my 1982 Aries Custom Coupe with 95,000 miles. 2.2L and automatic. I was able to get this from a girl who was going to junk it because she was getting a newer car.
And here's why it's currently not running...
Lifter and rocker is required! It ran fine on the way home (abit loudly) and then when I went to take it somewhere it lost a lot of power... limped it back home and here we are! Here's a link to the current project log over on Turbo-Mopar. http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showt ... highlight=

This is my 1983 Aries Base Sedan with 61,500 miles. 2.2L and automatic. Got this with a blown head gasket, engine top end of the engine was torn apart and in the trunk.
My daughter approves of this unit!
We put it all back together while deleting all the horrid emissions junk that plagues these cars with issues and it runs PERFECT. A little surface rust repair in a few points and it'll be golden! Here's a link to the project log I made for it on Turbo-Mopar. http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showt ... highlight=

This one is my 1984 Reliant SE Coupe with 56,000 miles. 2.2L and automatic. Ended up getting this for free since the lady who owned it though it was unsafe. I told her I wanted to restore it so she gave it to me! It's the rustiest of the 4 which sucks since it has the lowest mileage but it does have bucket seats and center console thank goodness. It'll be a while in the running but I am looking forward to getting it nice again as 1984's are my absolute favorite!
Here's a picture of me driving it in bum mode hahaha

Finally, the one I just picked up is a 1984 Chrysler Town and Country wagon with 126,000 miles or so. It has the 2.6L and, of course, an automatic. This car is really cool though, I found an old thread about it on turbododge... someone took all the crap off of the 2.6 that normally fails (MCA JET head, Mikuni carb, balance shaft garbage, and so forth), rebuilt the whole engine with all new parts, and even put in a nice cam that makes more torque! It's honestly one of the smoothest and most pleasant K car I have ever driven besides desperately needing new rear shocks! The a/c still works on it too which is nice since it does have, oddly enough, vinyl bucket seats but no center console! It also has power windows and seat but MANUAL locks and mirrors! Custom ordered car I guess!

So yeah, that's my current inventory of K cars. I also have a really cool 1994 Plymouth Voyager factory 5 speed van that I saved from death at this craphole small car dealer. It was sitting for three years on flat tires, told the guy I wanted it and he said no. I told him I'd be back in a year, did so, and he agreed to sell it. It's also getting fixed up nice but I need to get some pictures of that once it's not covered in snow. I also have an 89 Turbo GTC LeBaron Coupe that I saved from going to the scrapyard. It's clean besides shot red paint but it needs a bit of work before it's drivable again.

All my other cars I have aren't really related to this board (03 Caravan, 96 Volvo 850R, etc), but if you want to check out any of that stuff feel free to see my Aenoy Motors page on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/officialaenoymotors as I usually remember to post up updates, things I have for sale, and so forth. Also remember, if for some reason you need to send that ol' K car away... have Caravan, will travel! I much rather come pick it up if possible than let the junkyards take them especially since they usually just go straight into the crusher. Thanks again for having me!
Dodge Aries K

Re: Hello! Meet my junkyard renegades!

Postby thenewportblues » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:11 pm

Wow! what a cool collection of K-cars! I especially like the wagon
thenewportblues

Car Information: none yet

Postby nszotovich » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:55 am

Welcome to the Club!
I love your collection. They have all found a good home. I currently have two of my own, an 85 LeBaron turbo coupe and an 82Town & Country wagon. I'd have more if I had room. My daily driver is a 96 Caravan Sport.
Can't wait to see your beauties finished. Best of luck.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby Dodge Aries K » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:05 am

I'm glad today because the guy we're renting the house from got the garage cleared out. Town and Country and the gold 83 are now safe and sound indoors. I also picked up some speakers at this blowout sale thing that was nearby... 3 pairs of 3 1/2" speakers for $70 and they're actually pretty okay. So I've got some K cars to make happy with some non blown garbage haha.
Dodge Aries K

Postby MyDodgeDip » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:15 am

Welcome! Cool collection!
MyDodgeDip

Postby Dodge Aries K » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:58 am

Thanks for the positive comments! I appreciate them.
Dodge Aries K

Postby Pete in NH » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi Karl,

Welcome to the club! You have a very nice collection of cars and it is so wonderful that you saved them from very unpleasant fates.
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:38 am

That is so awesome! You definitely have the last of the last. Thanks for sharing. :D
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby Dodge Aries K » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:16 am

No problem. I'll try to get more pictures and stuff when it's not so miserable outside.
Dodge Aries K

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.