New member intro

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

New member intro

Postby mrfury68 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Ron & I'm from a suburb of Pittsburgh PA, Bethel Park. I've been into Mopars since I was a kid because that is what my dad & Richard Petty drove. I have a restored to original 68 Plymouth Fury III that I've had for 30 years. My current K car is my daughter's 87 Reliant LE. I bought the Reliant 4 years ago for $300.00 with only 42,000 miles on the odometer. It needed fuel lines, brake cables & a small floor rust repair to make it road worthy again. It belonged to a senior citizen who could no longer drive so it has a few small battle scars on it. I needed a car that my daughter could learn to drive on and what better car than a small square K car. My parents & I have owned several over the years & I was a mechanic @ a Chrysler/ Plymouth dealer in the mid eighties. These are one of the easiest cars to work on & parts are very reasonable. The only drawback is the area I'm from sees winter with its snow, ice & road salt. Trying to find one around here that is rust free is a challenge. Mine must have been garage kept for quite awhile, while not totally rust free, it is in good shape for a 25 year old car from southwest PA. M y 18 year old daughter loves "her" K car & my 16 year old daughter will be learning to drive too. I was glad to see a forum for our beloved K cars.
mrfury68

Car Information: 87 Plymouth Reliant LE

Re: New member intro

Postby Baron » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:56 am

Welcome, I believe we have crossed paths elsewhere, I also have a 68 Plymouth Fury III, good to see you here.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.