Breaking My Heart

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

Breaking My Heart

Postby SnakeOilSam » Sun May 13, 2012 1:18 pm

Sometime ago I did some posting here. But as I have been very busy I have not had the time for this stuff. I now have a 1983 Dodge Aries K with body is decent condition and low miles. It is in the 50K region. However it has a bad cam and needs at least a new head gasket. I might need a new head, I don’t know. It might also need a new catalytic converter.

I just bought a new 2013 Hyundai Elantra. It will replace the 2001 Hyundai Tiburon with 252,000 miles on it. I just recently sank about $800 into that vehicle. It is ugly in paint but runs great as a beater. The trans was rebuilt about 30,000 miles ago.

My mechanic offered me $100 to take the K car as scrap. The idea breaks my heart but I cannot afford to fix it and need to get both cars off the insurance policy. If anyone can give me $500 for the Tiburon I will give you the 1983 K car for free.

However you would have to drive to Eastern Pennsylvania and be able to tow away the K car and I guess somehow also transport the Tiburon. I should mention that the Tiburon needs a flex pipe in the exhaust line in order to pass inspection and might also need a catalytic convertor, I don’t know for sure.

If interested please e-mail me at mr.michaelseyfried@gmail.com and thank you for reading this. And the $500 for the Tiburon is NOT FIRM. Let’s talk about it.
SnakeOilSam

Car Information: 1983 Dodge Aries K

Re: Breaking My Heart

Postby Dodge Aries K » Sun May 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Sent you an email. I've got friends out in Pennsylvania.
Dodge Aries K

Postby MyDodgeDip » Tue May 15, 2012 11:59 am

Where in eastern PA? Any pictures? $100 is a crappy offer on that Kcar for scrap, you could get at least $300 if you took it yourself, more if you sold the Cat con separately.
MyDodgeDip

Postby Dodge Aries K » Tue May 15, 2012 4:53 pm

I got some pictures of the outside from the guy. It looks pretty nice from what I've seen so far.Trying to get one of my buddies out there to grab it and hold it for me hahaha.
Dodge Aries K

Postby MyDodgeDip » Wed May 16, 2012 12:48 am

Sounds like it's right up your alley! Don't let it get scrapped 8-)
MyDodgeDip

Postby Dodge Aries K » Thu May 31, 2012 1:08 am

You know, I've sent an email back to the guy after he sent me pictures and I never heard anything back. Leads me to believe the poor car got canned... makes me sad :(
Dodge Aries K

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.