New Member from Vancouver Canada - Is my car valuable?

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

New Member from Vancouver Canada - Is my car valuable?

Postby hkrump » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Greeting from Vancouver Canada!
I am so glad I found your club as I recently purchased something out of an estate sale that I need some assistance in pricing/finding a legitimate buyer!
I own a 1981 Plymouth Reliant, 2.6 Ltr Hemi engine WITH ONLY 50,549 ORIGINAL MILES! I assure everyone that this is no joke as I happened upon it at an estate sale and it appears that it was in proper storage for nearly 20 years! I am not sure what the proper car-definition of the term "mint" is, but to me it is nearly mint. Almost every time I have driven it, I am stopped by some older car enthusiast and am asked about it, usually they have a huge grin on their face as they remember the good old days.
I currently am working way up north but the car is in my son's name in Vancouver Canada. He just returned home and he is in the process of detailing it and getting some nice pics, inside and out. The car has the original dark blue paint with the (apparently) rare brougham tan roof.
Any help/info would be greatly appreciated
Cheers!
hkrump

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant

Re: New Member from Vancouver Canada - Is my car valuable?

Postby bret signorelli » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:08 am

Welcome , well it sounds like a nice car. I don't know if it's very valuable in terms of money , but I'm pretty sure it's very rare. Can't wait to see pictures. :D
bret signorelli

Car Information: Chrysler New Yorker E 1984

Re: New Member from Vancouver Canada - Is my car valuable?

Postby nszotovich » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:25 pm

Congratulation on your lucky find and WELCOME. 81's are extremely rare especially up your way. I hope you can post some photos when you can.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.