1982 LeBaron Mark Cross with 4,300 Miles

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

1982 LeBaron Mark Cross with 4,300 Miles

Postby 82MCLebaron » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:52 pm

This car must have been kept in a time capsule for 30 years. All the last owner knows is that it sat in a barn in Wyoming. The owner must have started it and ran it occasionally because most of the rubber lines and seals are original and in perfect working condition. I bought this gem earlier this year and after a full inspection I replaced some brake seals, cleaned out a mouse nest in the air cleaner and replaced the convertible top. I've driven it about 1,500 miles. The car is in completely original condition (right down to the radio). The previous owner replaced the tires with nearly-correct white walls. It is odd (and fortunate in my opinion) that it came from the factory with the 2.2 liter versus the apparently more troublesome 2.6 liter engine.

There are two things wrong with it: Although the AM/FM radio works perfectly (and sounds really good for it's age) the cassette player doesn't work and the plastic piece that moves with the shifter in the center console is cracked and broken.

The only other K-car I've owned was a very reliable 1987 Plymouth Caravelle with the turbo'd 2.2.

Now, onto the pics

Here's a pic of the broken shift gate :(

Short Video Driving Roxy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBRdpWqahKI

Here's a link to all the pics. http://www.bobrebello.us/lebaron.html

Anyone in Colorado wanna see it?
1982 Chrysler Image
2009 Pontiac Image
1991 Jeep Image
1983 Suzuki Image
Garage: http://www.bobrebello.us/index.html
82MCLebaron

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible

Re: 1982 LeBaron Mark Cross with 4,300 Miles

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:24 am

Hello Bob. Welcome to the CKCC. Awesome convertible! Thanks for the video. 8-)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: 1982 LeBaron Mark Cross with 4,300 Miles

Postby Racer Brown » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Great looking car, Bob! I also bought an 82 LeBaron Convert with the Mark Cross interior last fall that had 12500 original miles on it, mine is the dark brown! The car was completely original right down to the tires! The 2nd owner had to replace the top, as it sat for a long, long time with the top down. I think beings in CO, that is a high alitude motor you could order instead of a 2.6, someone correct me if I'm wrong! I'm seeing more and more Kcars in my travels!
Racer Brown

Car Information: 82 Chrysler LeBaron Medailion Convert- Mark Cross

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.