K car fan

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

K car fan

Postby slpetlak » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:22 am

:D Hi! New member here. I just recently bought a low Mileage (140K miles) "K-Car," a 1987 Plymouth Reliant LE. It is my first K-car equipped with a 2.5l Chrysler power plant. I just discovered this site, having found the car and forum sort of together at the same time. Thank you club president for helping me find my car and discover The Chrysler K-car Club. The car has a new rack & pinion, distributor and recently had a complete tune-up. The clear coat on the paint has perished, a new paint job would provide an instant upgrade, the gasket needs to replaced on the transmission pan. The car leaks atf a little. Although it has been years since I owner a K-car, in the last fifteen years, I've previous owned an '87 Chrysler Le Baron (K model), and another '87 Reliant. Here are pictures of the car I bought. https://picasaweb.google.com/chryslerkc ... tSaleNHCa#. The car also needs: a high pressure hose (is that the big hose on the top side of the engine that goes to the radiator?), an oil pan gasget, motor mount, and a left front axel, but I bought it knowing is was a daily driver whose previous owner drove it alot!
slpetlak

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant 1987

Re: K car fan

Postby nszotovich » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:19 am

Congrats on your new ride and welcome.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby carl_g » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:34 pm

I like it; great color as well!
carl_g

Car Information: 1989 Plymouth Reliant LE 4DR, Silver

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Generally, when someone refers to "high pressure hose" they are referring to the A/C high pressure hose (output side of the A/C compressor) or maybe a power steering high pressure hose (output side of the power steering pump). Radiator hoses are usually referred to as upper and lower.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:01 pm

The member who posted here is no longer a member, at least an active one. I do retain all listings though.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.