1986 dodge 600 es convertible

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

1986 dodge 600 es convertible

Postby 86dodge600esconvert » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:01 am

I always wanted a convertible but when I was younger they stopped making convertibles, and the old ones got expensive. That is why they started making them again.

I bought my 86 Dodge 600 es turbo convertible in 2009 and just found this site while looking up information on mine. As you can see mine is not sweet but it was cheap. About 3 years before I bought it someone spent quit a a bit of cash to get an insurance inspection. They did brakes axles struts shocks and tire rod ends. It had a nice set of tires on factory wheels with some salt pitting but not too bad. The first summer I had it I spent welding rust holes in the front floor pans and building new rocker panels. If you buy a rusty one you might want to make sure to check where my floor pans were rusty. The front wheels beat the paint off the lower fire wall then it rusts then water get inside the car and sits on the floor under the carpet and rusts that too. My floor pans were solid from a bit ahead of the front seats back. The rust repair I did would total the car to have a body shop do it. The last 2 summers I was repairing vacuum leaks and dents and I did get to drive it. Was hoping to paint it last summer but I ran out of time. There is always next year. I want to make it into a nice summer cruiser and the odd show and shine but not get crazy cash into it.

I found that auto recyclers around here just squash k cars when they get them because there isn't many left and little demand for parts. I did buy a box of used parts in the form of a 86 lebaron 4 door with a 2.2 turbo.
86dodge600esconvert

Car Information: 1986 Dodec 600 es convertable

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.