1982 Plymouth Reliant

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

1982 Plymouth Reliant

Postby rpelaez » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:25 am

Hi everyone, I have a pretty straight looking 1982 Plymouth Reliant. Tan, white top. 4 door. 2.6L Mitsubishi enigine, Mikuni solex 2bb carb. It had 93,000 original miles when I received it upon my Uncle's passing. I rebuilt the carburetor, transmission and eng (overheating event), replaced the front axle, radiator and installed a temperature gauge. I converted the a/c system and tinted the windows. I made this investment thinking I could provide this vehicle to one of my daughters for a work and school car. Then, I took the car back when she couldn't explain how interior pieces started breaking. No idea she said. So, I learned my lesson - you don't give a 30 year old car to a teenager and expect it not to suffer, lol. Anyway, I need to replace the engine mounts and fix the speedometer to finish it off mechanically, then I can work on the interior. The interior needs a headliner and the front bench seat to be reupholstered (or covered). Also, it's missing a few parts and I've started to look around for them. It's one of the reasons why I joined this club. The parts are: two interior door latch bezels and the passenger side headliner molding. Any sources for these parts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Robert
rpelaez

Car Information: 1982 Plymouth Reliant 4 dr sedan

Re: 1982 Plymouth Reliant

Postby 88 aries » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:06 am

Its never ever a good idea to give a teenager a 30+ year old car...As for interior pieces good luck at finding ones that are not broken.....I got an 81 Reliant that sits in storage most of the time..and I have had to replace only one trim panel...
88 aries

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.