The newest toy in my toybox!

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

The newest toy in my toybox!

Postby carguyray » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:56 am

Hi, I just picked up my latest K car... a 1982 LeBaron 4dr. with the Medallion interior.

I've been talking with Guy for a few days while I got the purchase finalized, but there's still a couple things we're not sure of so if anyone can add something to this puzzle I'd love it.

It seems I can't attach pix w/out them being on a hosted location so I'll have to try to add those later. (anyone who may be able to help with this please let me know)

This car is a 42K orig. mile car and has an amazing condition interior. The 'little old lady' who owned it had a bit of trouble with judging the front end and the front bumper was replaced at one point and repainted (peeling now). However, here's the interesting thing, it has a center console on a 4dr with bucket seats. I've never seen a console like this one and I'm very curious if anyone knows anything about it as an option or part of a package. (all you with an 82 sales brochure please chime in!)

The second 'interesting' thing about this car is the steering wheel. Guy showed me pix of an 82 LeBaron Medallion that he saw a couple years ago and it had the standard "2 thin stalk" steering wheel. This car has the very thick 4 stalk brushed aluminum wheel similar to the ones in the orig. 84 Dodge 600ES's. It's said to be the stock wheel and has the Chrysler Emblem on it, but it just seems a bit out of place. Maybe 'cause it's a console car?

The car's very rare (not many left) from what Guy has said and I'm VERY excited to have rescued it. It was being redone to give to the owners 17yo daughter, but thanks to the miracle of divorce her mom found out and ran out and bought her a new civic just to be the 'better parent'. I'm truly glad since I think this car would have been trashed in no time.

Thanks to Guy for all his input leading up to this purchase. I'm truly glad I could save one... especially this nice.
carguyray

Re: The newest toy in my toybox!

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:32 pm

I think to post photos you need to link through a host site such as Flicker, Google (Picasaweb), etc.

Here are are a couple of links to an 82 Aries brochure which listed bucket seats as an option and offered a center console.
http://picasaweb.google.com/chryslerkca ... 5774202242
http://picasaweb.google.com/chryslerkca ... 0240348050

Here is a link on a partial brochure of an 82 Chrysler with some info.
http://www.lincolnversailles.com/kcars/ ... xcerpt.pdf

I will look over the weekend to see if I have an 82 Chrysler complete brochure.

Good luck!
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:08 pm

Sorry for the picture problem. Still not sure how to expand the qouta on this board. I have just asked people to routinely email me photos, and post them to a hyperlink
in our board photo gallery. I will talk with my brother Charles, the webmaster, and see what we can do.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby carguyray » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:50 am

Thank you for looking into that Guy. I'm one of "those" who won't do the photo service to load pix to. I guess I should just go back to my roots (in a previous life) and set up a file server here at home. Hard drives are cheap so I'll see what I can do if I ever get any time off.
carguyray

Postby carguyray » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:52 am

Thank you K Car Wagon... that dodge info is GREAT! That's the console I've got so I'm really excited to see if I can find it in the LeBaron info.
carguyray

Postby carl_g » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:25 pm

Nice! Look forward to seeing some photos.

Carl
carl_g

Car Information: 1989 Plymouth Reliant LE 4DR, Silver

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.