where is the resistor block on 1986 dodge 600

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

where is the resistor block on 1986 dodge 600

Postby acrofoot » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:41 pm

i have a 1986 dodge k car 600 or aries, which ever they call it...it has 2.5 litre engine
i can not locate the resistor block which i think is corrupted as the blower motor only comes on at a low speed...it was running at a high and medimum speeds and then they kinda went zonkers...but the low air still blows...i surmise it is the resistor block...the manual and all the blogs i have read never come up with the right location...can someone help me with any suggestions...this is in very nice shape and i always try to keep it pristine...i think i have 82,000 on it.
i am new to this k car forum so i will keep searching about on how to use and understand it.
thanks to all who reply.
alex
acrofoot

Car Information: 1987 dodge 2.5

Re: where is the resistor block on 1986 dodge 600

Postby Pete in NH » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi,

My 1986 factory shop manual shows the blower motor resisitor at the top of the cowl plenum on the passenger side of the car.The dagram in the manual is not the greatest but, I take it the resistor is located above the heater/AC evaporator case. If that is indeed its location it will be a real bear to get at requiring the removal of the case. Perhaps some one else will be able to shed a little more light on the situation. If that's where it is really located it's little wonder that you couldn't find it.

Good luck!
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Postby acrofoot » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:56 pm

thanks
but i have that same manual and there is nothing on the firewall that looks like that...some have suggested it is behind the window washer cannister...it is not there either...one said it was inside the strutt housing...nope...thanks anyway...i will keep looking.
al
acrofoot

Car Information: 1987 dodge 2.5

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:45 pm

Last edited by K-CAR_WAGON on Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby Pete in NH » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi,

It's likely to be inside the passenger compartment above the heater/AC evaporator case, not on the engine side of the firewall. I think Ron (K Car Wagon) is on to something, you may be able to access it by removing the glove compartment box. Also, don't overlook the blower speed switch which is much easier to get to and might have some burnt contacts. By refering to your shop manual wiring diagrams you could pull off the blower switch speed connector and use a short jumper wire to jump pins on the connector for speeds on the blower. If the blower responds with different speeds the switch is bad.

Good Luck!
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.