1987 dodge 600 resistor block location

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

1987 dodge 600 resistor block location

Postby acrofoot » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:06 pm

sorry i made a bad posting...i said i had a 1986 dodge 600 and it is a 1987 dodge 600.
i can not locate the blower resistor block for this car...the manuals show it on the firewall, but it is not there.
does anybody know where i may locate the resistor block on my 1987?
i am assuming it has a resistor of some kind.
my blower motor only works on very low blow and the other med and high there is nothing.
also my dome light comes on sometimes and other times nothing.
can these 2 be related?
any information would be greatfully appreciated.
the crow
acrofoot

Car Information: 1987 dodge 2.5

Re: 1987 dodge 600 resistor block location

Postby Pete in NH » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi,

There should be no difference between a 1986 and 1987. So, all the comments made on your original posting should apply. As to the dome light issue, it is not likely to be connected with the blower speed issue. The dome light may be a mis-adjusted or defective door switch, bad dash board light switch or some ype of intermittant wiring issue.
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Re: 1987 dodge 600 resistor block location

Postby acrofoot » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:38 pm

thanks about the dome lighting...it does seem strange that these 2 worked intermitendly from time to time.
i still haven't figured out the blower motor or the blower motor switch or the resistor block...i just tinker at time so it is not an on going project.
but the resistor block that the manual says is on the firewall is no place to be found. i will take off the bezel to the control switch and see if i can see something inside of that. i do see connector wire to the switch control...possibley the contacts have some corrosion...one just never knows when the think they will do something simple and get into month long project....ehehehe
drop a posting if anybody knows anything about controls to blower motor not wanting to turn on the blower motor. it just wants blow on very low when i turn it on most of the time.
til later...thanks to all
al
acrofoot

Car Information: 1987 dodge 2.5

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.