Becoming active again.

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

Becoming active again.

Postby johnny g » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:56 am

I'm about to get my old girl, my 86 Dodge Aries 2.2 l back on the road soon. I developed a horrible leak in my fuel line just before the gas tank, and was going to fix it last Octiober but on the very day I was goinjg to do that, I was rushed into the hospital for a quintuple by-pass that I wasn't aware of needng. The doc said I was literally a dead man walking.
Anyway, I feel great now and am itching to fix that leak in the rubber line and get 'er going again...she's only got 44,000 miles on her and I've been really tryingto keep the steel moths at bay by copious amouintsd of POR 15 and truck bed liner for undercoating. So far, so good thouigh it does have a hole on the passenger side front seat floor that I've kept from enlarging...wish I could find a good piece of floor, but I'm in Michigan and what I've got is better than anything else I've seen. I don'[t want a concours winner, but a good dependable daily driver for work...I believe all cars shoukld be driven, not stored or trailered.
She could use one good, straight 13 inch 5 bolt wheel though...one of mine was slightly bent in a long ago traffic accident.
johnny g

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries K 4-door sedan

Re: Becoming active again.

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Kudos to you. I drive my car everyday, an 89 Aries Coupe, with 218,000 original miles. I get a lot of flak from people who ask me why I don't
junk my car or stop driving my "classic" everyday. 8-)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.