1984 Plymouth Reliant Station Wagon

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

1984 Plymouth Reliant Station Wagon

Postby kketrow » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:44 am

Hi everyone! I am a owner of a 1984 reliant wagon. I am the second owner. The original owner bought it right off the line and only put 70,000 miles on it. Interior is perfect and the exterior is just about perfect. Just minor nicks here and there. I have owned the car for almost a year. I am always getting comments on my car. It drives perfect but looking to possibly sell down the road here soon.
kketrow

Car Information: 1984 Plymouth Reliant Station Wagon 'Woody'

Re: 1984 Plymouth Reliant Station Wagon

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:07 pm

Hi there. Welcome to the club. Please sends pics. Please don't sell the car, it is too rare for that, and you know too few really appreciate old cars anymore. It will
get trashed and clunked by someone else. It will be 30 next year. 8-)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: 1984 Plymouth Reliant Station Wagon

Postby capev86 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:50 am

and you know too few really appreciate old cars anymore

actually, lots of people appreciate old cars. the problem for us is that K cars aren't considered collectible in the large picture. they were just cheap economy cars in their heyday and the brunt of many jokes. you wouldn't believe the number of people that have questioned my sanity for wanting to fix up a K car. sadly, they will never really get recognition they deserve. if they had succeeded in stamping out the influx of imports, things might have been different (everybody drives an import these days because they are "considered" the gold standard). the only truly desirable cars from the 80's are performance late bloomer muscle cars like the Hurst Olds, Grand National, Mustang 5.0, etc. And then you have exotics, not to mention the iconic DeLorean.
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.