Hello ! 1988 Chrysler Town and Country Lebanon WoodyWagon

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

Hello ! 1988 Chrysler Town and Country Lebanon WoodyWagon

Postby robwoo502 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:47 am

I stumbled across this site trying to find more info on the Maroon 1988 T&C Woody Wagon I just picked up today (Non-Turbo version) with absolute no rust that Ive discovered yet. It has right around 97,000 miles and 2 previous owners. Before the owner I bought it from it was someones mom that garaged it since she bought it new, Ha! The Interior and exterior are both in pretty great shape. I would say the car is a solid 8 out of 10 throughout.The wood paneling is all there. The only flaw is a crack around the gas cap area. The interior is super clean ! I feel like I got it at a good price. From 6/18/11-11/28/12 it has had the following replaced. Radiator, Rear Wheel Bearings, Wheels, Front Tie Rod Ends (Inners), Air Compressor And Clutch, Fuel Pump (still somewhat of an issue), Fuel Strainer, and a tune up ! The previous owner also regularly change the oil and filter, rotated the tires, and had the car aligned when needed. I was kind of drawn to the car for some reason. I think its because it has so much character and personality. It seems as if info is limited on these cars and I cant find much at all on my 88. I guess the fact there was only a little over 2000 of these made that year might have something to do with it ?

It has the following issues that I was hoping to get help with through this forum. The Left window regulator is out but motor still works. Its currently held up and in place by some wood pieces. So, I need to locate whatever holds it all together internally and replace that ? The Rear hatch needs new lift springs so I'll need to find those somewhere? Its missing one hub cap and I hate it ! Need a new one asap! The wood trim that surrounds the inner panels(if its real wood?) looks like it needs a coat of polyurethane or whatever they used on these guys for that ? The new fuel pump that used to replace the one that went out doesn't seem to pump the gas after its about 1/3 of a tank give or take, so it just dies if you don't fill it up in time. I need to remedy this. The shocks are a bit bouncy but it still seems to be a pretty smooth ride. I also noticed oil around the top of the motor may be a gasket ? I'm sure I'll locate other things, but this is what I have to remedy sooner than later! Any info or guidance would be much appreciated. Oh Yeah, I also need a new rear windshield wiper. All and all, I think this is a car I can work on and drive in the meantime. I plan on parking it in my garage after I detail it. There is some light oxidation on the paint and it still has the original luggage rack complete.
robwoo502

Car Information: 1998 Chrysler Lebanon Town and Country Wagon

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.