A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

Postby reliant 85 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:18 pm

I am the owner of a Low Mileage (73,000+) 1985 Plymouth Reliant LE 2.2L TBI. This car is in great shape. Everything works except 1 item the dash dimmer control lighting system. I have installed led lights which works just fine. This vehicle was Canadian made and brought into the states in the early 90's by my grandparents.
I purchased the car from my grandmother in 2005 with 58000 original miles on it. It has been a great car so far. Parts are reasonable, it is a car I can actually understand and work on.

I have been having an issue lately with the engine idle. Whether the engine is cold or not after starting the engine races. Sometimes after starting it will be fine for a short while then the idle picks up speed on its own to a certain that racing level. After a few engine cutoffs and restarts it will be fine. This to me is a hazardous condition because I do not know whether it will lockup and stay racing or not!
reliant 85

Car Information: 1985 Plymouth Reliant LE

Re: New Member

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Last edited by K-CAR_WAGON on Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Re: New Member

Postby reliant 85 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:56 am

K-CAR_WAGON wrote:Here is a link to some info on idle problems.

http://minimopar.net/idleproblems.html

Start by checking for fault codes in memory.

http://minimopar.net/fault/index.html

Idle Problem sovled - had several corroded vacuum lines and I rechecked all spark plugs gap settings, plugs wires and engine timing. Thank you for the information links! ;)
reliant 85

Car Information: 1985 Plymouth Reliant LE

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.