85 LeBaron 2dr

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

85 LeBaron 2dr

Postby benjieb3 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:41 am

Hello. My name is Benjie and I just bought a used lebaron with the 2.6l mitsu engine. The car is in fair condition and 67k miles in it. I just did some routine maintenance on the car (oil change and spark plugs) and replaced the starter.
I could use some help and suggestions on how I can fix the reverse lights at this point. It seems that water leaks in to the brakelight housing and the socket is wet and rusted and the bulb broke.
Thank you in advance.
benjieb3

Car Information: Chrysler LeBaron 1985 2.6L

Re: 85 LeBaron 2dr

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:39 pm

Hello, I am sorry I didn't catch your name. Welcome to the Chrysler K-Car Club. An 85 LeBaron Coupe, wow! Those are extremely rare today. I want you to know
that we are re-organizing the club with new media sites, and this forum is the perfect vehicle to store posts, pictures, etc. We'd love to see pictures of your car. If you'd
like to email me some, you can email them to me at aries89@chryslerkcar.com. We are also building an international partnership with Mexico and will be installing an official repair blog with them shortly. We do have some very techs at our facebook page, where a lot of the techys hang out. It is at https://www.facebook.com/groups/KcarFri ... ?ref=br_tf

Finally, K-Car Wagon has been a great help here and he frequents this old forum a lot. He probably is seeing your post right now. If you do not get a response right away,
call myself or our Vice President Ed Garren. My number is 818-219-2587 and his is 213-453-3040.

Also, we are asking for annual donations of $20 dollars to help keep this site going and re-organize the club. If you feel like contributing, you could mail me a check made out
to Guy V.Coulombe, or cash to:

The Chrysler K-Car Club
Guy V.Coulombe, CKCC President
6355 Topanga Canyon Blvd, Ste 400
Woodland Hills, Ca. 91367
818-219-2587

Welcome. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby Pete in NH » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:04 am

Hi,

Welcome to the group. On the broken bulb- You might want to try a few drops of something like PB Blaster solvent to help loosen up the rust a bit. Then you can try to grab the remains of the lamp shell with a pair of medium size needle nose pliers and twist it out. If you get it out clean out the socket housing with a strip of emory cloth wound up in a circle. first take a Q tip or rag with a little solvent like laquer thinner to clean off the PB Blaster residue. If you can get the socket cleaned up, put a very thin film of grease around the base of the new bulb to keep it from getting corroded in again. The real problem is the gasket around the tail light/ back up light housing is likely leaking and letting water in. You can try using some thin weather stripping type foam with a adhesive backing to make the gasket a little thicker. Good luck!
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Postby benjieb3 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:05 am

Thank you 89ARIES and Pete in NH for the warm welcome. And thank you Pete for the advice on my tail light problem.
benjieb3

Car Information: Chrysler LeBaron 1985 2.6L

Postby aussiewoody » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:58 am

Welcome Benjie, sounds like a nice car - '85 is a nice model - although most of us think that they're all nice lol. :D

Listen to Pete, he has a handle on things K car, he will help you,
Good luck

Regards
Gary
aussiewoody

Car Information: '84 LeBaron T&C 'vert, '85 Dodge 600 'vert

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.