New guy in Nevada, having fun!

A place for new members to introduce themselves and submit their requests.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Forum rules
Before posting here, post over at Suggestions and Comments to start a CKCC project.

New guy in Nevada, having fun!

Postby a k for me » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:40 am

I am up in my years, and as a previous volunteer EMT from Southern Texas, I got the "speed need" out with slamming around a 6 tonne Ford Diesel rig around at 130 MPH or so, been through the family thing, and now find myself with a little
ranch just outside Reno Nevada - got a barn bigger than the City Hall of the southern town where I was raised. Seen a lot of Europe and some Russia, but now the barn is my remaining piece of the world. Being handicapped right now is kind of ugly, but you take the cards of which you are dealt, in Life. I could never keep up with real horses, so I have a "corral"
of about a half dozen k cars, and I like that this community does not glamorize the turbo's. I do get "heretical thoughts with making a 4 door into an "El Camino" and I have a decent Reliant that I have made gallop on 12 volt batteries. Gone for some physical rehab, and got vandalized of a lot of k radiators, catalytic converters, AC parts and wires. Did not help the main house either, to get burglarized. Spent a lot of Life in Australia, so just having fun with k cars, 'cause in Oz Land
the best there was either Mitsu's or a shabby car called a Holden. I like the 2.2 TBI and I refuse to drive a boxy van - I got attitude!
a k for me

Car Information: 85 Dodge 600

Re: New guy in Nevada, having fun!

Postby a k for me » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:46 am

Should have left my name, which is Steven Hicks, and my email is laplage7242athotmail.com. Learning the email thing and I do not have a decent camera yet, but a niece is going to teach me the Smart phone, to take some pics, and learn to post.
a k for me

Car Information: 85 Dodge 600

Postby aussiewoody » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:33 am

Welcome to the club Stephen - from an Aussie! Ha!
aussiewoody

Car Information: '84 LeBaron T&C 'vert, '85 Dodge 600 'vert

Postby aussiewoody » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:35 am

ooops! Sorry mate - it's "Steven", isn't it?
Or down her you would have got Steve.
Ha! :P
aussiewoody

Car Information: '84 LeBaron T&C 'vert, '85 Dodge 600 'vert

Return to Welcome. Introduce yourself and the car.