Bad news. The car DIED yesterday and tried to kill me.

As a K-car owner, you can encounter trouble with this motor. We'll help ya keep this reliable engine running.

Moderator: Webmaster

Bad news. The car DIED yesterday and tried to kill me.

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:50 pm

This car is dangerous to drive now. Stalling and being able to restart the car is one thing. Having it quit at high speeds and stay dead for 5-10mn is quite another. Fortunately,
it happened last night on 35mph street. I was going 35, and then car violently bucked and the engine was off. I tried pumping the gas petal, but no luck. I was able to coast to the side
of the road with cars whizzing by me. I tried for several minutes to cycle the key and to restart. No go. The check engine light was not coming on as I cycled the key. That check engine light was totally
dead. Then, after about 5-10 mn, the check engine light was cycling on, so I turned the ignition, and the car started, but roughly and choking. The last time the car died THIS bad was in Feb 2011. All
the other times were minor stalls. This scared the heck out of me and now I won't take this car on the freeway. Afterwards, it tried to stall two more times, but not nearly as serious. Now, this morning
its running almost perfect, with occasional hesitation when I accelerate. The computer kept codes 12,55, but after the electrical bang, it now has 25 as well. This car is possessed. I don't know when
to just stop and say enough. I am hopeful tonight Butch and Chris can figure it out. If anything, maybe stringing a new wire? This bucking, hesitation, surging, near cutting out has been going on chronically really
for about 3 years and the stalls only 1 year. Intermittent problems at its best.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Chrysler 2.2/2.2 T/2.5 Motor