1986 woody wagon keeps stalling out. HELP.

As a K-car owner, you can encounter trouble with this motor. We'll help ya keep this reliable engine running.

Moderator: Webmaster

1986 woody wagon keeps stalling out. HELP.

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:11 pm

My 1986 Woody Wagon has been off the road for two weeks now due to a strange problem. Random stalls and failure to run. I have no working OBDI on the dash right now. Here is what happens, when the car gets down to about six gallons in the tank, the car won't run. At that point, you turn off the key, and try to restart, and no go. You put gas in it, and it runs. This causes random stalls afterwards even with a new fresh tank of gas. The car stalled randomly four times when I drove it to Monterey and back where it appeared on the Jay Leno show. My mechanic is struggling, and I have basically been driving the Dodge. The mechanic also claims he dropped the gas tank and saw that it was empty, and okay. Suggestions? Thoughts? Should I get rid of the car after dumping $3000 into it?
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: 1986 woody wagon keeps stalling out. HELP.

Postby surgeman » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:34 pm

It's 3 things with it...failing fuel pump,clogged filter or the fuel pressure regulator is failing...I had a 83 Dodge 600 that did the same thing back in the day....But it had a Holly carburetor and the fuel pump was failing and I changed it and it never gave anymore issues at all...
surgeman

Car Information: 1985 Dodge 600,1985 Chrysler Lebaron Both Vertible

Return to Chrysler 2.2/2.2 T/2.5 Motor