Weber conversion on a 2.6?

Never fear about what they say about the 2.6. It is a quirky motor, but we'll help ya keep it truckin.

Moderator: 89ARIES

Weber conversion on a 2.6?

Postby heckamadoodle » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:44 pm

Hello, I've scoured the forum, found lots of mentions of this, but hoping to find out more about how to do it, watchouts, what exactly does "requires fabrication" mean, etc. Any advice from those of you that have done this? Pictures???
Symptoms: motor revs/races on cold start, wouldn't dare throw into gear until it heats up and RPMs go down, which takes forever. Always idles rough, commonly dies. I'd welcome any other ideas to resolve this. Also, looking for a mechanic in Dallas. So far, no one will touch it.
heckamadoodle

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler LeBaron T&C Convertible

Re: Weber conversion on a 2.6?

Postby mona's k » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:41 pm

Does it still have the Mikuni carburetor or are you try to fix a Weber conversion? If still the Mikuni carburetor I would check that the choke moves and vacuum lines are hooked up.

I had all sorts of problems with my Mikuni carburetor when I first got my car, mostly due to old gas and lack of driving by the previous owner. Several cans of Seafoam in the tank and couple of tankfuls of new gas made a world of difference. EGR also wasn't working correctly and fixed that, now starts, idles, and drives almost perfect for an early 80s carbureted car.

While I was having all these problems I put an ad on craigslist and several people responded about being willing to work on a Mikuni carburetor and I live in a area with a lot less population than Dallas. I would also search for people who are familiar with Mitsubishi engines as that is what you have.
mona's k

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler LeBaron convertible

Return to Mitsubishi 2.6 Engine.