Aries way down in Brasil

Come here for specific needs for the 1st generation K-cars. 1981-1985. For Fuel injection, refer to 86-89 K-cars.

Moderator: Webmaster

Aries way down in Brasil

Postby paulo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Well after a long search I located the last hood available for my ´82 Aries.It was in a dealership in New Hampshire!ts now in Miami waiting paperwork for export.I still need an engine bay electrical harness due to a bay fire.If anyone knows about one please let me know.These cars are unexistent down here.

Thanks Paulo
paulo

Car Information: 82 Aries wagon 2.2 AT

Re: Aries way down in Brasil

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:12 am

Hello Paulo,

So good to hear from you. I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is it is not quite impossible to get a wiring harness, just very hard.
The bad news, nearly every 82 Aries is extinct in the USA now, and they never show up in the junkyards. We get about one running 82 K-Car anywhere
in the country every month. I will start with an online part search engine and see if I can come up with anything. All the best.

Sincerely,
Guy V.Coulombe
CKCC President
818-219-2587
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby capev86 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:59 am

this is an Aries, not a Mexican market version aka Dart K?!! How the heck did it get down there?!!!

I second the above comment that you can't really find parts for these cars anymore...anything K specific that is. i've bought a few nos items from a place on the far side of NH. there is also a guy in Arizona and a shop in Washington state as well. some of the prices are kinda ridiculous considering these parts have been sitting on a shelf collecting dust for 25 years. try $180 for a K wagon tailgate weatherstrip gasket. when you buy from a dealer you will pay sticker price!

as for the harness, i'd look into a newer K based car like a J body lebaron (if there are any to be had down your way). heck, grab everything chassis wise and swap it as a package. although the early k cars are the more desirable, the technology of the times left a lot to be desired. i'm grafting a 1992 Daytona Iroc 2.5 turbo 5spd harness to my 86 K wagon's harness. basically keep the lights, a few engine wires (keep the ignition coil on the passenger fender, etc) and the driver side bulkhead connector (deleting the pm/lm wire pass through on the passenger side). even all the chassis parts will be 1989+ Daytona CS/Spirit RT spec. only thing staying factory is the bodywork and most of the interior. i was able to nab a correct pair of bucket seats and a nos dual seat buckle for the same to go with my 87/88 K 5spd console for my 5spd swap. another item i plan to stock up on are more nos threshold plates for almond interior 4 doors (fit wagon also). those suckers tend to snap near the b pillar and eventually there will be no spares in circulation.

i often use parts voice. you can punch in factory part numbers for a ton of different car brands.
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:19 am

Almost impossible, not quite. Lets not discourage the guy. I did land a wiring harness for myself last year, but I wasn't willing to pay $200.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to 1981-1985 Carbed K-Car. Drivetrain and Body Needs