The possibility that targeted cars might be resold.

The possibility that targeted cars might be resold.

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:23 pm

Well, I've beat the dead horse long enough on cash for clunkers. But, there is one thing I'd like to talk about. How the cars will be scrapped and
is there a possibility that some may be saved and resold. According to the bill, the dealer must trade the old car in directly to the scrapper where
the perfectly usable vehicle will be destroyed and affect pricing, supply, and demand. This has cast doom among the aftermarket industry. The bill specificies
a $15000 fine to any dealer caught reselling the traded car as opposed to scraping it. I am hoping that maybe, just maybe, the recycler or scrapper might
be able to sell a few traded in vehicles without wasting them and avoid legislative disciplinary measures. Besides, one can see how arrogant it is to destroy a perfectly 100% good car. I am sure some mint 80s Caprices will fall into this category. I would not be so upset about this bill if it wasn't for the clause people are overlooking where the car has to be destroyed by law which will thus force us to use more environmental resources to make new cars and hurt the used car market. I think Caprice values will start to go up, which might be a good thing. Sorry if I offended anyone for my cash for clunkers rambling.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to General Car Discussions