4 questions about new Cash for Clunkers Law.

4 questions about new Cash for Clunkers Law.

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:33 pm

1. The law provides that the cars can be used for parts. Will the dealers be giving
the cars to pick-a-part so we can still get our parts, or do they go to a different
location where the car is crushed whole so we can't get our parts?

2. The new law says we can't retrieve the engine from the cash for clunkers car to be recycled. Is there any way around this? Do you think Uncle Sam really cares if pick-a-part allows people to salvage engine blocks even though the law forbids it now? Or, will there be hefty fines?

3. The pick-a-part near my house salvages a few old classics and attempts to sell
them as running cars before they get recycled. Do you think Uncle Sam really cares
if pick-a-part does this or will there be hefty fines?

4. How can we get engines if Cash for clunkers forbids cars in the program to have
their engines salvaged?

This is what bothers me the most about cash for clunkers. Any feedback would
be much appreciated.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: 4 questions about new Cash for Clunkers Law.

Postby dodgeariesguy » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:05 pm

Well the key thing I saw on CBC a Canadian news station was the idea they have for Americans, take parts off the car your going to give away then give it away! LOL I think it was meant to be a joke. No we up here in the Great White North figure the average yard runner is not going to care to much about the way the government tells them how to run their business (based on reasponses for Canadian yard runners who voted 97% in ignoring the laws completely). And due to this response the Canadian government will be delaying their Cash for Clunkers idea for 3-9 years. Which is good for us. So just wait and most yards will probably ignore it.
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Return to General Car Discussions