Adding factory options that didnt come with your k-car

Adding factory options that didnt come with your k-car

Postby 88 aries » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:55 am

i love my aries but i added a few things of my own from other k-cars such as the infinity tape deck and the luxuary steering wheel, do you think that these items are wrong to add,

let me have our opinion
88 aries

Re: Adding factory options that didnt come with your k-car

Postby TomChrysler » Sun May 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Hi!

I don't think it is wrong at all. I added the infinity deck as well as the slave cd player. It's not like we've dropped a V-8 in them (although I am considering the 3.0 V-6 for the future). You're the one who drives it everyday. Bottom line.....it's your car.

Some people upgrade to power seats, add wire wheel covers, even repaint with a different factory colour. Enjoy it and forget what everybody else thinks. Otherwise, you'll be driving a Toyota Corolla (yechhh).

Giving you my best,

Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Town and Country

Postby 83dodge400 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:56 am

Most of those were factory options or standard on different models so no one will know the difference and they will fit and plug right in .
83dodge400

Car Information: 1983 DODGE 400 Convertible

Postby capev86 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:07 pm

parts already collected:
91 dyansty 2.5 and 3spd (will put in a better converter and convert to mpi using 91 turbo parts and mexican calibration)
91 k frame, control arms and knuckles
shelby daytona 1-1/4" sway bar
shelby daytona rear axle
polybushing.com urethane drivetrain and chassis bushings throughout
polished strut brace for a daytona (also fits k car obviously)
csracing hd adjustable panhard bar (replaces flimsy stock track bar)
turbo spec equal length drive axles with intermediate shaft (already tapped holes on engine block for support bracket)
spirit rt 11" 4 wheel disc brakes
custom fit braided stainless brake hoses (4 for k car plus add on pair for rear disc)

still need to order a billet thermostat housing that uses an o-ring instead of a gasketet

thinking of running 16 inch rims eventually with stock height tires (have 89 spirit 15" snowflake rims on it now)
got my eye on Sport Editon 10's (silver painted) or perhaps a set of mopar 5 spoke rims off a pt curiser or neon rt

the big chassis pieces i had sandblasted, coated with zinc and powder coated raven black. i sandblasted, zinc primed and painted (black caliper paint) all the small pieces myself and used red caliper paint on the 4 brake calipers. body paint will remain the factory light cream with black trim but all the imperfections will be smoothed out as well as cutting out a ton of rust. this car is going to be a show car quality summer daily driver. just need some money to get the bodywork done.
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Postby 84Aries » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:13 am

If I still have my 84 Aries when I retire I plan on dropping a V8 in it.
84Aries
Car Fan

Car Information: finding another one

Postby SPAMBOT DETECTOR » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:26 am

i sandblasted, zinc primed and painted (black caliper paint) all the small **DELETED** pieces myself and used red caliper paint on the 4 brake calipers. body paint will remain the factory light cream with black trim but all the imperfections will be**DELETED** smoothed out as well as cutting out a ton of rust. this car is going to be a show car quality summer daily driver. just need some money to get the bodywork done.
SPAMBOT DETECTOR
ANTISPAMMER

Car Information: ANTISPAMBOT

Postby albie » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:11 am

GREAT I have aded the same options to my 1986 600 convertible.
albie

Car Information: 1986 dodge 600 convertible

Postby MoparDan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:11 am

All I've done so far is replace the factory hug caps with '89 Acclaim turbines (and it looks much better
MoparDan
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge 600

Postby Butch » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:40 pm

I added a few to my 86 Laser, almost everything under the hood is 89 T2 2.5 with ALOT of mods. Although the relay/fuse box is from a 93 Neon. And yea, this combo does break the tires loose. Interior has seats from a 93 IROC Daytona, due to the fact the Mark Cross leather seats were in shrads and WAY too costly to recover. Bought them at the 1/2 price sale. The ugly wagon wheels were shit canned too.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Return to General Car Discussions