Saw the rarest find here.

Saw the rarest find here.

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:55 am

Stumbled across a totally restored, repainted, ruby red 1980-1981 Pontiac LeMans or GrandAm 4dr Sedan. Same body and shape
as the 81 Malibu of that era. Only seen three of these in 2 years. For all intensive purposes, forget finding one here, they are
practically extinct, except for this one. Malibus can still be found, but are getting very scarce. The Pontiac version always seems to
be the rarest.

Ironically, both Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2dr Coupes AND sedans from the 80s are still what I call "findable", meaning I see a couple
every week and most belong to Mexicans who love them as much as Chevy Caprices. They and the Caprices are the last of the 80s
here in any what I call "findable" numbers ( seen a couple times a week). If any 80s survive here in California, it will be
because of the Mexicans. I actually got to sit inside a Mexican's 84 Olds 88 because I complimented him on it and he was really surprised
and appreciated my interest in it. The car had 300,000 miles.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Saw the rarest find here.

Postby karns » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:40 am

Hey, that was my dad's first car!!! It was jet black with a brand new interior. (it had a cabin fire before he got it!) He had to sell it because he was going to be stationed in San Deigo. In place of it, he got a red chevy cavalier.
karns

Return to General Car Discussions