What's new in my world

What's new in my world

Postby dodgeariesguy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:20 am

Well after a long while the fate of Jim (vetcaravelle)'s Caravelle was decided without me, it was sold to a local car nut who plans to give it a few needed spruce up's and then tuck it away in his big heated warehouse. As for me I've been hittin' the streets looking for that ever possible 2nd K-Car, so while wandering the cheap used lot's I came across a white 1981 Dodge Aries sedan wedged behind a Grand Prix, now because the snow has begun I now have to wait for the dealer to dig it out for me to look at.
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Re: What's new in my world

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 am

Any possibility of reaching the new owner so our club can once again have one Canadian Caravelle?
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby dodgeariesguy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:24 pm

Well the man who bought it really keep's to himself but I'll get his number and call him for ya. Anyway I just got back from the dealer, turn's out this car is a real basket case, there is a large amount of rust right through the rocker's, after seeing the floor's were rock solid I decided it was OK to keep looking at it, then another minus, under the hood the dreaded 2.6L, I tried to start the thing and after a couple minutes of coughing and belching it fired up and ran nice and smooth, but as I started to pull out on my test drive I got about 30-50 second's of hesitation, I was also turned off by the fact he wouldn't let me take it to my shop before I bought it or even take picture's because he thought I should pay for those as well :roll: . I passed based on the price $1500 and the 179,000km, it wasn't ment to be. If anyone else may be interested PM me I'll give you the details there, I'm not promoting this dealer to the public.
dodgeariesguy

Postby dodgeariesguy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:09 pm

Now have a lead on a slightly more interesting non-K-Car a friend of a friend has, will keep you posted.
dodgeariesguy

Postby Chief » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:04 am

Will...as you know, you can't hit the 'home run' unless you swing at a few! "Good luck!!!"
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Postby dodgeariesguy » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:57 pm

Well this was interesting, on the trip to see this car I was told of I asked repetedly what it was and all he would say is, "It's older than your car, and it's green."
The surprise was a 1978 Austin Mini 1000, it's been modified, and for me it's a tasteful degree, this will make a great car for winter after the lease on my Jeep is up at the end of the year. I have alway's wanted a Mini and this is probably the best example I've seen yet in Ontario, a few thing's to fix here and there but before I put the money down I want an opinion, again 1978 Austin Mini 1000, 53,227km, 36hp 998cc engine replaced with 85hp 1312cc engine. I know this is mainly full of American car lover's but ignore the origin and focus on the spec's here is a pic.
min1.jpg
min1.jpg (115.59 KiB) Viewed 9601 times
dodgeariesguy

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:35 am

I think it is a sharp little car!! I have always thought they were neat!! I'm way to tall to ever consider one (6'5") but, it is still a neat little car. 8)
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby Silverbeard » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:39 am

That would be a great car to have, they are a riot to drive and they handle like a go-kart on rails. If it is rust free I would not be subjecting it to Canadian winter roads. How many other 31 year old cars are still on the road and have a decent body?
I had a '71 Austin America, ( a slightly larger version of the Mini with the 1300 ) and it had a fair amount of rust when I sold it in '76.
What sort of $$$ is he looking for?
Image Image
Silverbeard
Car Fan

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Convertible, Mark Cross Edition, 2.6 L

Postby dodgeariesguy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:46 am

It's got some rust and some interior issue's as well as a leaky sunroof, apparently he drove the thing in the winter for the past 8 year's the key is to buy a car wash pass and give it The Work's every other day, funny you should bring up the Austin America because the engine in this is from a 1969 Austin America, he still has the original steel wheel's which I'd use in the winter and keep the MiniLites for summer, I think this would make a great daily for $4500, he's given me 2 day's till he put's it on the open market, the personalized MINISQUL plate's come with it. I will wait for Justin and Guy to comment because they like most of us have opinion's I respect, everyone else come on join in I like opinion's in the purchase process.
dodgeariesguy

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:46 pm

Hi Will. Congratulations on your new purchase. I like your new old car. I have only seen that car on an episode of CHIPS from 1977. The guy kicks the car and it begins to fall apart. I would be very careful driving it. Looks a little like a deathtrap if you got hit by semi. I really do like it.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to General Car Discussions