Post Here! What color is you K-car???

Re: Post Here! What color is you K-car???

Postby tindrumstoo » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:40 am

capev86 wrote:thats the most ghetto suspension i've seen. i cringe to think about that beautiful car. why didn't you put the air springs in the spring pockets where so that is rugged enough to take the stress. nice exhaust, but it would look interesting if it came straight out the back or split and went out each back corner.....

funny you mention stress, thats exactly why i DIDN'T put the bags where the stock springs went. in order to get the wagon as low as it is, i would have had to notch the subframe if i had put the bags in the stock rear spring location. i wasnt comfortable cutting apart the frame of my K car. if i had decided not to notch the frame, there would have been no way to mount the bags and run airlines from the top. it has shocks in stock location and is more rugged and handles more stress than it did before the bags. it will out corner any stock K car now. it gets very little body roll and since i have also replaced the sway bar bushings up front it handles better than it ever has.

keep in mind these are bags, not hydraulics. cadillac and lincoln puts bags on their high end cars and SUVs to improve handling and give a super smooth ride, i hardly think thats ghetto. i do understand though, its not the best looking set-up, but since these photos were taken i have under coated everything and it actually looks much better.

the set-up was all about simplicity. the way it has been done i still have back seats, still have a rear cargo area, still use the stock link arms, stock bottom shock mounts, and stock panhard bar. and if i ever want to return it to stock, i havent damaged or altered the original spring pockets. so i can simply put the stock coils back in.

i hate to think you feel like i have done this K wagon an injustice :cry: :cry: but i think she is happier than ever.
don't hate me because i'm different!!

86 K wagon
84 yamaha CV-80
03 civic Si hatch
tindrumstoo

Car Information: 1986 plymouth reliant K wagon custom

Postby tindrumstoo » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:52 am

heres that seafoam green metallic from hot rod flatz

86 K wagon
84 yamaha CV-80
03 civic Si hatch
tindrumstoo

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:13 am

I think its cool. As much as I prefer original stuff, I do like modification. I think its fun to clone a K-car and spruce it up into something different. I don't like cars that are overmodified where the only thing original is the bodyshell. I am picky about original instrumentation. If the car is going to be modified, I prefer original instrumentation with new gauges added if so desired. I don't like modified cars where the gut the interior and put in commonplace white gauges used for hotrods. Anyways, we have a member in Los Angeles who has an extremely beautiful red & gray woody 1982 Dodge 400 Chrysler Town n Country Convertible. You can see a picture of it in the Cold Case pictures. Basically, its a real 82 Dodge 400 Convertible with an early 80s Reliant instrument panel, 60s Mopar mirrors, 60s Dodge logo sign on the back, two tone red and gray paint job, wood, and "Chrysler" woody emblems. He has since added fender skirts to give this car a sleek appearance. I think its a one of a kind.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Painted Desert Serenade

Postby TomChrysler » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:11 pm

I think the K cars are a fresh clean canvass for any modifications. Look at the PT Cruiser customization trend. With the K's, you steer clear of any $500,000 restoration, with money left over to buy a new house!
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Town and Country

Postby Special K » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:57 am

Mine is a White colour. I'm not sure of the code because all of the information on the door tag is missing.
90 Mazda RX-7
87 Yamaha Razz
83 Dodge Aries
Special K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Dodge Aries

Postby TomChrysler » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:02 am

Hi Special K

The code for Pearl White is "PW" followed by a check digit. This digit can also be found on the metal identification plate located under the hood, either on the radiator support panel, the inner fender panel, or the firewall panel, depending on the assembly plant. The plate measures about 4 inches wide, and 1 1/2 inches tall. It also contains the Vehicle Identification Number of your car. I hope this infomation is helpful.

Giving you my best,

Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Town and Country

Postby Baron » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:12 am

Where did you/do I go about getting those airbags? The leaf springs on my 68 Fury are rather weak from age and I was thinking of replacing them and supplementing them with air shocks to keep the fenders up off my tires/wheels, but now I'm wondering if I'd be better off leaving the leaf springs alone, use stock shocks, and add air bags? What would you say to that given your experience after having put them on your wagon? Also, what is the cost like? (New leaf springs would probably cost me at least $200 plus installation plus air shocks.)
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby Special K » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:56 am

TomChrysler wrote:Hi Special K

The code for Pearl White is "PW" followed by a check digit. This digit can also be found on the metal identification plate located under the hood, either on the radiator support panel, the inner fender panel, or the firewall panel, depending on the assembly plant. The plate measures about 4 inches wide, and 1 1/2 inches tall. It also contains the Vehicle Identification Number of your car. I hope this infomation is helpful.

Giving you my best,

Tom

Dude. You're the bomb for knowing that. Thanks friend.
90 Mazda RX-7
87 Yamaha Razz
83 Dodge Aries
Special K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Dodge Aries

Postby jhkaster » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:10 am

My 1985 Chrysler LeBaron Mark Cross Turbo Coupe is a two-tone Gold Dust Crystal over Cream Crystal. The Interior is also two-tone in a light and medium Palomino tan combination.

My 1982Chrysler LeBaron Medallion Mark Cross Convertible is Pearl White with a two-tone tan/brown interior.

jhkaster

Postby tindrumstoo » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:00 pm

its great to see those cars in such great condition! those are beautiful, is there anything at all wrong with them? they seem to be perfect in everyway. if my wagon was that nice when i bought it i would have never changed it!

86 K wagon
84 yamaha CV-80
03 civic Si hatch
tindrumstoo

PreviousNext

Return to General Car Discussions