Post Here! What color is you K-car???

Re: Post Here! What color is you K-car???

Postby jhkaster » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:57 pm

The '85 coupe has about 45k original miles. It's in great shape and very spunky. I added an auto-dim rear viewmirror, with compass and temperature, a new headliner and acenter stack console from a New Yorker. I painted the panels to match the dash and had keys made for the locking consoles. The leatheris perfect and the exterior paint is very good. There's a couple of spots that need repair above the rear side panel lights. Everything works in the car.

The '82 convertible was in an accident and has anincorrect turbo hood. Turbo wasnot available that year and the car has a 2.6 Mitsubishi engine. I replaced the rear curtain. Since it was being disassembled I went ahead a replaced the top, but it wasn't necessary. I just figured I might as well make it bright white and not worry about a couple of the stains. The Mark Cross leather is in excellent shape. Even the center armrest is great with the logo. These are usually the first piece to go on these cars. This car has only 41k original miles and everything works.

I really enjoying driving these two cars more than my other 4 cars. They are very comfortable and just the right size.

---James
jhkaster

Postby ReliantLV » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:51 pm

This two-tone LeBaron is one awesome idea!!! It looks so exquisite. Very very nice!
ReliantLV
Car Fan

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant Custom 2-d. coupe

Postby 1of10K » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:46 pm

Pearl White. You can still get this color at the auto parts store, but it is now only made by Duplicolor as a truck paint, called "Dodge 7335 Pearl White" in the large spray cans
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Re: Post Here! What color is your K-car???

Postby TomChrysler » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:18 am

Hi 1of10K and Special K !

I have used the Duplicolor Pearl White paint. Perfect match, and easy to apply! Dries fast!

Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Town and Country

Postby love-a-Lebaron » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:01 pm

My 86 LeBaron is a Cream / Vanila Color, ( would love to know the name) wit a camel color top & matching interior.

Can you go to any dealer & give them the vin & get all of the infromation concerning your car??
love-a-Lebaron

Car Information: 1986 Lebaron Con.

Re: Paint Code Location

Postby TomChrysler » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:45 am

Hi Love-A-LeBaron!

The code for your paint is shown as two letters followed by a check digit. (For example; PW3 is one code used to indentify Pearl White.) This Paint code is located on the metal identification plate located under the hood, either on the radiator support panel, the inner fender panel, or the firewall panel, depending on the assembly plant. The plate measures about 4 inches wide, and 1 1/2 inches tall. It also contains the Vehicle Identification Number of your car. Note: Two tone models may have a variant which, of course, will show on the identification plate.

I hope this infomation is helpful.

Giving you my best,

Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Town and Country

Postby Teressa » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:19 am

Red ( candy apple red)
Teressa

Car Information: 1985 dodge 600 convertible

Postby Blasirl » Wed May 18, 2016 3:01 pm

Where are the paint and trim codes located?
"Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽
2014 Chevy Cruze LT
2015 Dodge Grand Caravan
2007 Chevy Cobalt
1988 Dodge Aries SE
1971 AMC Javelin
Blasirl

Car Information: 1988 Dodge Aries Limited SE 2.2?

Previous

Return to General Car Discussions