Power output to expect? What you all think, any input welcom

Power output to expect? What you all think, any input welcom

Postby old yeller » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:49 pm

Hello there I am Ivan.

And Ill give you a long story short long verson of whats what.

I got the acclaim for $300 bucks from my friend cuz I needed a car for school. I was not even gonna do anything to it. Then I thought when I am done school I will practice my wireing on it. Then the motor droppet a valve seat on me. And is runin on 3cyl. and cuz it shakes so bad it snapped the header and now is as loud as a motorcycle!! hahaha. I looked into changing the cylinder head, (now you must know that this car is not comin like the up hear in canada it is very hard to find used parts for this car, once they break the junkyard pretty much crushes them. They dont make much money off of them so they dont even put them in the yeard cuz nobudy fixes them.) So a used head that has been cheaked and everything from someone who pulls parts from cars its like 2 to 3 hundred. a newly rebuilt one is $700 :shock: I found a parts car the body is rusted but it has an almost new turbo motor cuz this car had that option. This motor is a rebuilt one the guy worked for cryselr so he had conections. So I thought I will put about 1G in the car by installing many options and practice wireing by putting in a power sunroof and stuff like that. The parts car is about $500. So I figured once the motor is in I dont plan on uping the power. So Ill fix it this time but next time it goes with a big problem its outta hear!!!! LOL So thats the story. But I want freee HP from this car. Thats why I ask about the exhoust. I am gonna get a new exhoust no mattter what. Mightas well be one that improves airflow! Also on this motor the intake and exhoust come out on the same side and the turbo almost touches the intake. So I will be heatwraping the exhoust and turbo. Putting a turbo glove on the turbo and heat wraping the intake to ensure that the insulated cold air coming into the motor stays cold. Also the car comes with many parts like a FMIC so I will be putting that on since thats only fabricating mounts. also gonna rap all the piping from and to the FMIC and gonna replace the heater hoses with stanless steel and wrap them to. And a few other things to keep heat down. But those are my plans. Oh ya and cold air intake I will plum the intake from the side fendure.

The motor is the 150hp one. I think its the 2.5. I know the FMIC verson was puttin out about170hp. I want a 3" exhaust. A cold air intake, cone filter from the side fender and gonna be puttin on the FMIC. It will stay the 3 speed auto. A member helped me out with some question already. But I would like to get even more edvise the more I know the better.

Its pushing 11psi, FMIC, Cold air intake, 3" exhaust, everything pretty much heatwrapped. I am hopping for around 160 to 170hp and 170 to 180 torque. Does that sound about right?

What you think?

Ivan :)
old yeller

Car Information: Plymouth, Acclaim 1994 2.5L 4cyl. Loaded.

Return to General Car Discussions