possible famous K-Cars

possible famous K-Cars

Postby rickymny » Thu May 06, 2010 10:01 pm

any info about a 1988 new yorker that was given to ricardo montalbon from chrysler co as a gift. I believe it is in my drive way but I need more info.
001.JPG
1988 New Yorker
001.JPG (28.9 KiB) Viewed 6340 times
Last edited by rickymny on Sat May 08, 2010 12:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
rickymny

Car Information: 1988 chrysler new yorker mark cross edition

Re: possible famous K-Cars

Postby 88 aries » Fri May 07, 2010 4:37 am

nope, do you have documentation? And as for famous K-cars all of our K-cars are famous :)

but do please send info and pictures
88 aries

Postby 89ARIES » Fri May 07, 2010 4:46 am

Welcome to the club. Do you have the true E-Bodied Chrysler New Yorker K or the C body? I believe Mark Cross only came on K-cars. We are open to anybody, even C body owners. 8)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby rickymny » Fri May 07, 2010 6:03 pm

89ARIES wrote:Welcome to the club. Do you have the true E-Bodied Chrysler New Yorker K or the C body? I believe Mark Cross only came on K-cars. We are open to anybody, even C body owners. 8)

I have to claim K-car ignorance as this is my first one. but maybe this will help. It was built in jan of 1988 and has the hide away headlights and the 3.0 v-6, anti-lock brakes and auto-leveling rear suspension. I see you are in sylmar and i am in valley village, maybe you can direct me to a good K-Car mechanic and a resource for parts. The headlight doors don't work and neither does the radio and I need to find both of the rear wheel well mouldings as they are damaged and the alloy wheels are trashed. I got the car for free and it would take very little to make it a real head turner. especially if it turns out to have been ricardo montalbons car. I will post a picture as soon as i can make the picture smallerto fit on the site
rickymny

Postby 89ARIES » Fri May 07, 2010 7:18 pm

I know of a guy that is very good on the 3.0. I will have to find his contact for you. No, you don't have a K-car. You have a Chrysler C-Car with related K-car parts. But, thats okay. Our club is open to EVERYONE and I would love to start seeing some C-car representation. Also, we have a few Chevy owners that help out. A vision I had was for our club to branch out and have leaders start other clubs for all the K-car related 80s Chrysler products such as J bodies, C bodies, H bodies, etc. Then, we could be a strong source supporting all the FWD 80s car owners. I would be honored to have you come to one of our meets with a C body as they are becoming classics as well. I own a 1989 Dodge Aries LE Coupe. 8)
89ARIES

Postby rickymny » Fri May 07, 2010 10:30 pm

89ARIES wrote:I know of a guy that is very good on the 3.0. I will have to find his contact for you. No, you don't have a K-car. You have a Chrysler C-Car with related K-car parts. But, thats okay. Our club is open to EVERYONE and I would love to start seeing some C-car representation. Also, we have a few Chevy owners that help out. A vision I had was for our club to branch out and have leaders start other clubs for all the K-car related 80s Chrysler products such as J bodies, C bodies, H bodies, etc. Then, we could be a strong source supporting all the FWD 80s car owners. I would be honored to have you come to one of our meets with a C body as they are becoming classics as well. I own a 1989 Dodge Aries LE Coupe. 8)

any upcoming events ?
rickymny

Postby 89ARIES » Fri May 07, 2010 11:22 pm

Yes. I singlehandedly do all the events and the only events in West USA. Right here in the good ole San Fernando Valley. You missed our biggest K-car show ever last month where we had 12 K-cars. I am thinking of doing our next roadtrip in August to Fort MacArthur. On roadtrips, we drive as an army of K-cars on the freeway. Here are some pics below:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2855

We love our cars and will do everything we can to keep them alive. 8)
89ARIES

Postby rickymny » Sat May 08, 2010 12:53 am

89ARIES wrote:Yes. I singlehandedly do all the events and the only events in West USA. Right here in the good ole San Fernando Valley. You missed our biggest K-car show ever last month where we had 12 K-cars. I am thinking of doing our next roadtrip in August to Fort MacArthur. On roadtrips, we drive as an army of K-cars on the freeway. Here are some pics below:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2855

We love our cars and will do everything we can to keep them alive. 8)

Well, here is a picture of Ricky.
001.JPG
1988 New Yorker
001.JPG (28.9 KiB) Viewed 6339 times
I really want to get him cleaned up and everything working so any help .....
I just drove him down from Seattle with no problems and he has 113000 miles.
001.JPG
1988 New Yorker
001.JPG (28.9 KiB) Viewed 6339 times
Attachments
ricky in the sun.JPG
ricky in the sun.JPG (22.5 KiB) Viewed 6336 times
rickymny

Return to General Car Discussions