Whats the better car?

Whats the better car?

Postby dodgeariesguy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:18 am

I have to admit, I like newer cars as much as old cars, I can't live without one of each so I try to get decent newer daily drivers and try to keep my family in them too, this time I'm helping my grandfather. So the question, which is the better car In Your Opinion, doesn't matter if you've driven one, even if you just like the look or what you've heard make it known. So, Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, Mercury Grand Marquis, Cadillac DTS. As you can see I'm looking at large cars because thats the only things he'll drive, although he's typically a Chevy man he wants to try something different for his last car, so help me out here. Thanks everyone.
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Re: Whats the better car?

Postby rare_ram » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:08 am

Grand Marquis will last 300K easy.
rare_ram
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Lancer ES

Postby 1of10K » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:04 pm

Cadillac DTS by far; powerful, stylish, elegant, big Northstar with factory dual exhaust, he will love it. Get one in the red, or maybe the steath Black!

Maybe the new Buick Lacross would be worth looking into
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Postby dodgeariesguy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Well I've brought one of each of these by his house today let him drive them, he likes the Caddy the most at the moment, he really hated the new Lacrosse, said it was "too electronic", he liked a car I didn't consider at first till the sales man mentioned it was the Buick Lucerne he liked that one as much as the Caddy. Said the Grand Marquis reminded him of his 67' LeSabre which is good cause he loved that car. He said the Charger was to sporty, and the V6 300 was not powerful enough so for the 300 I need to go back tomorrow and bring him a HEMI 300. Thanks for the opinions thus far. I'm kinda hoping he either picks the DTS or the Grand Marquis, their my favorites.
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:53 pm

I LOVE the Cadillac!!!

My Mom bought new Caddy's every 2 or 3 years, and loved them all!

Her sister my Aunt, bought them new every 6 years new since the 70's.

She just turned 75 y.o. and for her last car, she got a brand new Toyota Avalon loaded to the gills.

she told me she could not believe she would ever buy a foriegn made car, But, loves it!

But for a lot less money, a excellent ride, and excellent reliabily, and affordable up-keep I would take a Crown Vic or a Marquis.
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby Baron » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:29 am

Well, you probably know I'm partial because I really like my Chrysler 300, but I suspect the V6 that was in the one you took by was probably the 2.7 engine. I had it in my Intrepid and it barely did the job, but in a car the size of the 300 it would be way too small- probably would have a hard time pulling the car out of a wet paper bag. And the Hemis only seemed to be put in the old geezer's cars- at least that was all that the local dealer had- the only ones with Hemis had the mushy suspension and all the luxury items/geegaws/whatnots- it went down the road good and straight and smooth but was rather boring to drive unless you could make up some excuse to mash down on the throttle. I got the High Output 3.5 V6 and sometimes it still surprises me how much power it really has. And it gets better gas mileage than the Hemi, so I figured I made a pretty good tradeoff- still have plenty of power and still get mid 20s or plus gas mileage. See if you can find one with that engine and the performance handling and a few other of the performance options. It will be a much better, and more fun to drive, car and will at least be competing with the Caddy on a more level playing field.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Return to General Car Discussions