Ugh. Time for my smog test.

Ugh. Time for my smog test.

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:31 pm

Wow, its been 2 years already. I hope my car passes the expensive $80 California smog test. Ironically, even with fuel-related problems, this car always passed every smog test back to 1989. No reason it shouldn't pass with good gas mileage, except the computer has been acting wacko for about 2 years. 5 Check engine light codes and car still runs well most of the time. No oil burn or excess tailpipe smoke.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Ugh. Time for my smog test.

Postby Scott in Buffalo » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:52 pm

Good luck on the smog test.

New York State has lots of regulations, just like California, but for now we get a break on classic cars. Any vehicle over 25 yrs. old doesn't need to be smog tested.

Another neat thing that New York will allow us to do is to use vintage plates on our vehicles. The plates just need to be the proper plates that were issued during the model year of your vehicle. They used to require that the rear plate have the registration sticker to match that model year, but have now waived that restriction. It's nice to see antique cars at the shows that are close to original condition, and vintage plates add that extra touch.

Scott in Buffalo
Scott in Buffalo
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler LeBaron Mark Cross Convertible

Re: Ugh. Time for my smog test.

Postby 84Aries » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:07 am

Good Luck hope the Aries passes with flying colours. In Ontario you dont need one after 20 years, thank god.
84Aries
Car Fan

Car Information: finding another one

Return to General Car Discussions