North East K car Show?

North East K car Show?

Postby 86newyorker » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:47 am

Would anyone be interested in trying to put together a show for the northeast area this summer? I can not make it to CA and was wondering if anyone had a show in the works or would like to try to set one up.
86newyorker

Car Information: 1986 chrysler new yorker turbo

Re: North East K car Show?

Postby capev86 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:09 pm

same here.....

i live at the bottom of maine and any car show beyond new england is tough to get reach, let alone driving to california. a trip like that would require taking 2 weeks off work seeing as its a 3-4 day drive each way. i'm doing as much as i can on my 86 k wagon. but i will have to wait 'till february when my new job starts before i will have the cash needed to get my car restored. later in the summer might be a good idea in that regard. occassionally i see k based cars at the bonny eagle car show in southern maine. it takes place in late may. my buddy has taken his '03 SRT-4 a couple times. definitely let me know people!

-Chris Peverly
Eliot, Maine
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Postby RichG » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:48 pm

I could probably be persuaded, and Mike might be interested. We're about three hours from Baltimore (probably 9 from Maine) but he's been to a few. Lets see who's interested....
1984 Le Baron Convertible 2.2
2002 Ford Taurus
2004 Mazda 3 5-speed
RichG
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2.2

Postby capev86 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:49 pm

i am just over the maine border from portsmouth, nh....

1+ hours to Boston
3 hours to Hartford
5 hours to NYC
12 hours to DC

definitely excited by the prospect of getting k based cars together in maine. maybe we can link up with people from the turbododge and turbo-mopar forums. daytonas, shadows, spirits, dynastys, etc are all basically k cars and there are a few actual k car owners on those boards too!
capev86
Car Fan

Postby capev86 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:51 pm

sorry....not just maine.....all of new england. i know one guy in maine that owns a modded turbo shadow and a daytona iroc r/t. haven't talked to him in awhile...will have to reconnect concerning this.......
capev86
Car Fan

Postby 86newyorker » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm

If we can get enough people interested we should set a possible month for this like june july or august. Lets see if we can make this happen!!!
86newyorker

Car Information: 1986 chrysler new yorker turbo

Postby capev86 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:58 am

doesn't look like i will have my k wagon ready this year, but hopefully next as money prospects are looking better with the new job! probably be rolling to bonny eagle on my latest acquisition: 1981 Honda GL500 Silverwing. it basically a cx500 masquerading as a goldwing. it is the non interstate model without the fairing (i like an open front end) and all the gear, but i have a dual dic brake front end and saddlebags (matching color and pinstripe) from a silverwing interstate in the works. maybe some day i will put the rear disc brake from a cx500 turbo on it too, i've seen it done. but for now it will be a nice cruiser - smooth, liquid cooled and a shaft drive system....just a matter of cleaning up the chrome, changing fluids and some tuning....but a REALLY nice buy for $50. i just can't help tweaking a vehicle, even if it is a motorcycle.

my other ride, a 72 honda cb350 has racing air filters hidden under the stock side covers, the cyl head ported and polished w/ backcut valves along with a rebore job, and a custom (and very expensive) electronic ignition conversion system from a company that races these bikes. but its a bit snug and underpowered for long trips with my girlfriend (but sooooo much fun). the saddlebags will allow us to bring rain gear and warm weather change of clothes while we are at events like bonny eagle and bike week in laconia, nh. ah....the joys of a weekday job...i can now look forward to car shows instead of only dreaming about them!
capev86
Car Fan

Postby Scott in Buffalo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:39 pm

Hi Guys,

My car club, The Time Travelers of Western New York, puts on the largest car show in the area every Labor Day weekend. We typically have over 800 entrants.

This year it is on September 5th. The show is is held in Olcott Beach, New York which is in Niagara County, on the shores of Lake Ontario. It looks like this location might be centrally located to everyone who is chatting on this topic. You could set up a K-Car Corral.

If you'd like more info, let me know.
Scott in Buffalo
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler LeBaron Mark Cross Convertible

Postby Butch » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:28 pm

capev86 wrote:doesn't look like i will have my k wagon ready this year, but hopefully next as money prospects are looking better with the new job! probably be rolling to bonny eagle on my latest acquisition: 1981 Honda GL500 Silverwing. it basically a cx500 masquerading as a goldwing. it is the non interstate model without the fairing (i like an open front end) and all the gear, but i have a dual dic brake front end and saddlebags (matching color and pinstripe) from a silverwing interstate in the works. maybe some day i will put the rear disc brake from a cx500 turbo on it too, i've seen it done. but for now it will be a nice cruiser - smooth, liquid cooled and a shaft drive system....just a matter of cleaning up the chrome, changing fluids and some tuning....but a REALLY nice buy for $50. i just can't help tweaking a vehicle, even if it is a motorcycle.

my other ride, a 72 honda cb350 has racing air filters hidden under the stock side covers, the cyl head ported and polished w/ backcut valves along with a rebore job, and a custom (and very expensive) electronic ignition conversion system from a company that races these bikes. but its a bit snug and underpowered for long trips with my girlfriend (but sooooo much fun). the saddlebags will allow us to bring rain gear and warm weather change of clothes while we are at events like bonny eagle and bike week in laconia, nh. ah....the joys of a weekday job...i can now look forward to car shows instead of only dreaming about them!

I ride a HARLEY, 1996 Sportster Hugger. Low mi. with lots of chrome.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby capev86 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:55 am

cool......

my k wagon has a hitch on it, so after i restore the car i will be hauling the bikes to far away rallies!!
capev86
Car Fan

Next

Return to General Car Discussions