Musical car horns?!

Musical car horns?!

Postby ReliantLV » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:04 am

Someone on another forum (non-automotive) was complaining about the noise some cars make by the local bar with those "fancy horns" that play "Dixie" etc. I was just wondering if anyone has any of those? Is that too silly? :D I was just thinking that it might be fun, the car being from America, to install a horn that plays "I wish I were in Dixie" music... :D

Some examples I found:
http://www.extremeautoaccessories.co.uk ... ction=1163
http://www.twenga.co.uk/dir-Cars-Motorb ... s,Car-horn
ReliantLV
Car Fan

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant Custom 2-d. coupe

Re: Musical car horns?!

Postby TomChrysler » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Hi Reliant LV!

I think that's a cute idea. K-Cars seems to be the appropriate car for whimsical ideas. I've been entertaining the idea of putting an "Oceanliner" horn on mine. I say......DO IT! After all, it's your car. Do as you wish!

Have fun!

Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Town and Country

Postby capev86 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:51 am

i put a pair of 130db horns from VIP on my k wagon a few years ago. they are red plastic with chrome plastic grilles. i put the original horns in a vice and using a hammer and chisel broke the spot welds holding the horns to the brackets. the brackets had a hole through which i bolted the new horns up and just rigged up the wiring cleanly and it looks slick when you peer under the hood.

but seriously.....the dukes of hazzard style dixie horn would be totally fun on a k car. you can get those multi sound horns that play several tunes and make banyard animal and various siren sounds. also.....a plane jane k car would be total killer in traffic if it had a big rig or aaaaa-ooooo-gggaaaaaa style horn.....lol!!!
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Postby 84Aries » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:26 am

In the summer of 07 I had an AOOOOOGA horn in my Aries, then removed it and installed dual 1986 Cutlass Horns(very loud)! Going to hook back up the factory horn and the factory AM/FM radio as well. Make it all original.
84Aries
Car Fan

Car Information: finding another one

Postby ReliantLV » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Thank you, gentlemen.... Food for thought! :)
ReliantLV
Car Fan

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant Custom 2-d. coupe

Postby 1of10K » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Years back, I had a friend with a well used Dukes of Hazzard replicar, before prices for '69 Chargers went through the roof, that had the classis Dixie horn. I drove it around a few times, lots of fun. Also had a early '60s Econoline van back in the late 1970's where I put a set of ultra loud Cadillac horns under the back bumper with a switch up front. The van was so slow, everyone was always blowing thier horn at me, I would now gladly return the favor! Loud is good!
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Return to General Car Discussions