people in public talking about the k-cars

people in public talking about the k-cars

Postby 88 aries » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:08 pm

i was in mcdonald's the other day and there was a man and his wife sitting behind us in the other booth, any ways,my k-car was sitting the parking lot right next to the window he starts telling his wife about how you "dont see many of these reliants around its called a k-car good little cars" i smiled and said to him "i got another one at home for show" he was very impressed.

ITS A GOOD FEELING DRIVING A K-CAR BECAUSE I SEE NO ONE ELSE SAYING THINGS ABOUT CHEVY CAVALERS OR FORD ESCOURTS

lONG LIVE THE K-CAR
88 aries

Re: people in public talking about the k-cars

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:11 pm

Thats cool! I actually had one or two people compliment me on my car. A lot of the old Mopar fans either have something good to say or bad to say about the K car. When I sponsored my first car show at the Mopar Spring Fling, the reporter who posted the pictures said, "There were even some K cars at the show. Though I am not sure I am not the only one who thinks these cars leave something to be desired. But, I guess the owners are in on the joke I guess" At another show I went to, some guy said "I did not know these cars were even still around" This was in an upscale neighborhood.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby Spats » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:48 am

That's awesome :)
Spats
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler New Yorker 2.5

Postby 84Aries » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:58 pm

2 summers ago, When i first got my 84 Aries I took it to Classics on Kent car show in Lindsay, Ontario. They shut down the main street and downtown core and have all kinds of classic cars there at least 20 yrs old there were 2 85 lebaron convertibles there in mint shape and my 4 door Aries I was sitting behind the car and some old 80+ yrs old lady Looked at my Aries and said these arent classics I drive one and smacked her hand off the hood. The one Lebaron owner I know from Brighton looked at me and said after I was red in the face, after, yes after I shouted Hey! and she tried to lose herself in the crowd, but I caught up to her and chewed her out infront of the people who had wittnessed it, I was very vulgar but I blew my stack. Like it or not! Overall except for those 5 minutes the show was great and 95% of the people really liked to see the 1 generation Aries there with the flashy Lebaron's. Mind you I didnt bring the Aries there this summer. I took it to a few cruise nights and a few other car shows with decent people. And if you're local to Ontario, you know Lindsay is a useless welfare drug town in the sticks with the most rude people on earth. yes, worse then Toronto.
84Aries
Car Fan

Car Information: finding another one

Postby 84Aries » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:59 pm

Whoa, sorry got into a bit of a rant there. It still pisses me off thinking back. Nobody disrespects my K-car.
84Aries
Car Fan

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:52 am

You think thats bad. In California its even worse. Despite the rust, I think you Canadians might have more surviving K-cars because I can never find an 81 model, except for one near school. Most people, including the Muscle Mopar people, talk down about the K-cars and 80s American cars here are now about as rare as 60s cars. California is all gun ho for imports and 80s Imports aboud in the 1000s. We also have some stupid emissions rules and inoperable laws where city governments can take your dead car off your driveway if it is deemed a "public nuisance".
89ARIES

Postby 84Aries » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:12 am

Wow that is terrible, never realized it was getting so bad, 80's imports are definately useless. I wonder what goes through peoples heads sometime. :(
84Aries
Car Fan

Postby 88 aries » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:47 pm

People like that always make me boil, The k-car is a classic, every where i go i get friendly looks, people always stare when im in traffic, doesnt bother me im just driving with pride.

Its fun when i go to car shows some people say that my aries and my reliant dont belong at the show but when the take a look at the front and see 5 trophies sitting on the ground they quickly change their minds
88 aries

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:03 pm

Here in LA, its the opposite. The few Ks left are beat to a pulp. The convertibles only get marginal respect. Nobody compliments me on my car or even notices that my car is like 1 out of 6 80s car left at the college out of 500 cars in the parking lot. I have the only 80s car at the office in the parking garage. Most days, unless I go to certain neighborhoods or change my route, I never see any old American car. Also, LA inoperable laws are depleting the 80s cars I used to see parked on the streets. Whats left is mostly owened by the elderly or hiding out somewhere. Yes, getting the club off the ground here in LA was a monumental task. But, I do have some loyal supporters locally.
89ARIES

Postby dodgeariesguy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:26 pm

I just moved from one neighbourhood in my city to another and when the mover saw my K-Car he thought it was cool and said those were good cars they have got to be classics now and I agreed with him completely. And today I saw a 1985 burgundy Plymouth Reliant Station Wagon and in my new neighbourhood there is another 87 like mine scooting around and over the past week I've seen a 82 Blue 2 door Aries, 86 silver reliant wagon, and a 89 reliant 4 door in gold. As you might guess my city is booming with K's! I've lost count of how many K-vertables i've seen! Sorry to here about your respect issues in the states :( . Good luck to you all and as always LONG LIVE THE K-CAR! 8)
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Next

Return to General Car Discussions