What was the rarest car you ever owned???

Re: What was the rarest car you ever owned???

Postby Baron » Wed May 13, 2009 5:17 am

Unfortunately, at this time- when I can find a very very cheap one! :lol:

Probably, more realistically, once I am able to finish restoring my 68 Fury- or sell it to someone in a better position to restore it than I am at the moment.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby 89ARIES » Wed May 13, 2009 5:24 am

Would you like a dead K-car you can look at? There is a rusted hulk on sale right now for $50. Well, whenever your ready. Would you like me to continue to update you on any E-Class that comes along online? They are becoming very scarce now. There was a mint one in Iowa three months ago. Realistically for me, I'd like to collect K-cars, but it is totally impractical for me as I am paying off my credit card, go to school full time, work full time, don't have a garage, and don't know how to work on cars. However, I am going to change my oil for the first time next week and learn how to replace a valve cover. Got to start somewhere. By the way, thanks for continuing to be one of our contributing members on this board, K-car or no K-car. Thats the beauty of our club, anybody is welcome. Some members would cringe at the thought that we have 3 Chevy members who frequent here once in a blue moon.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby 88 aries » Wed May 13, 2009 5:43 pm

cheap deals are out there, such as my 2 my 86 i bought for 150.00 with only 85,000 miles, and my 85 for 65.00 with only 56,000 and a wrecked engine.

what i really need is a rust bucket for parts
88 aries

Postby 86reliant » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:25 pm

It'd be a tossup for me. I've owned so many cars I don't even know where to begin.

But two come to mind. An '83 Ford Fairmont 4-door, and a 1984 Skoda 120 GLS.

Nothing special about the Fairmont, except I got it when it was 15 years old with 17K kms (10.5K miles) on it. It had never had the plastic removed from the floorboards to pulled off the back seat, still had the original tires on it, etc. It was a "Fairmont Futura" which was apparently a high-content model, but it only had an AM radio, no passenger mirror, dog-dish hubcaps (but whitewall tires), and a 200 cubic inch 6 cylinder.

The Skoda... well, that was a little more special because it was the first car I ever owned, and it was free. Engine in the back, rad up front. Trunk that opened sideways. Looked kinda like an Omni with a tacked on trunk. Made in Czechoslovakia; European readers will know what I'm talking about.
86reliant

Car Information: No K-cars at the moment

Postby taxiguy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:27 pm

I've only owned three cars (snice I'm still pretty young), a Honda Accord, a Mercruy Grand Marquis, and my Dodge 600 ES Turbo Covertible. Obviously, the Dodge is the rarest since they only made 1,768 of them, compared to 79,000 of 1991 Gr. Marquis and over 350,000 1987 Accords.
taxiguy
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 ES Turbo

Postby Chief » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:24 am

I have owned ...restored...and/or customized 53 vehicles since 1965! So I am quite particular as to what I personally like in any vehicle!!!

Peace,

Chief
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Postby 1of10K » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:29 pm

That sounds alot like me. Got my first car when I was 14, have always had several at a time, luv 'em all! I get a kick out of people I meet who look down or laugh at the '81 Reliant thing, at least until I start pulling out the photo albums of the others! Was into the point judged shows for awhile years back, but it was driving me nuts; not the cars, but the attitudes of most of the people with cars that hadn't seen fresh air or the street in years, much less any dust or (gasp!choke!) point-robbing bugs on the front of their perfect paint!I did have an almost 100 point Model A once, but got so tired of the whole point thing that I one day just decided to sell it cheap to a Preacher who never knew what history the car had, but "really liked it" because it reminded of one his Dad drove him around in when he was a kid.
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Postby Arthur Dent » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:49 pm

I owned a very early 1969 GTE. 3.0L V6 / 4spd w/overdrive. Rare hand built British GT car. Project car that I never finished. Reasonably rare in the UK - ultra rare in Canada - one of maybe three in the country. Mine was the earliest one in North America.

Arthur Dent
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler LeBaron sedan

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:09 pm

My current K-car. Only 3200 Coupes made for 1989.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby karns » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:20 am

My uncle Steve and I traded a guy A 1969 chevy camaro in ok shape, and 2 ford LTD's for a 1966 Checker Marathon cab in great shape. It is an epic win for us. I love that car, but my unc never let's me take it out of the garage. We also have an AMC pacer that was my Uncle Phil's. It is that annoying Light Blue color, and looks like a glass bubble. It is the ugliest car I have ever seen. It has the straight 6, and I think a 4 speed transmission in it. I have never really wanted to drive it, so it sits outside on blocks covered in a big boat cover. It also has a wierd sounding horn in it. I have never heard one like it. I don't think it's stock. It sounds like a dieing elephant. But, it fits the car.
karns

PreviousNext

Return to General Car Discussions